Sponsored

JLU oil change frequency

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
With my 2013 3.6 JKU auto I did my oil every 10,000 miles with full synthetic. 175,000 miles mixed driving without a hiccup and the engine showed no signs of “varnish” or “sludge”. Passed its last smog check with flying colors, never burned oil and gas mileage stayed constant throughout its life.

I plan on staying with 10,000 mile oil changes on my 2020 3.6 JLUR auto. After all its 3.? cousin used by Mercedes recommendation is for oil changes every 15,000. Many forget or don’t know Diamler-Benz (Mercedes) owned Jeep when the 3.6 engine was developed. It was intended as a world engine to be used throughout the Diamler-Benz many product lines not just Jeep and Dodge.

Funny how the “high line” European manufacturers recommend 10-15,000 mile oil changes on their engine, but U.S. auto makers recommend far less.
Yeah and most BMW and Mercedes customers lease and turn in every 1 to 3 years and are never out of warranty... That's those brands bread and butter as a matter of fact. Don't forget that when BMW submitted the engine to Toyota for the new Supra that Toyota had to make a bunch of design changes because the engine as designed by BMW didn't meet Toyota's standards.
Sponsored