JLU driver side sunvisor loose

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Had my first broken piece on my 8 month old JL.

The drivers side sunvisor hinge mount is apparently broken. I pulled the visor down and heard something pop. I then noticed the left or hinge side of the visor was loose. I moved the visor over to my side window and noticed the visor was hanging way low. Got home and found the round piece that goes in the plastic mounting piece was hanging down. I was able to push it back into the hole. But I don't think that is going to hold. Can this be fixed by me or world I be better off taking to the dealership for warranty work?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Had my first broken piece on my 8 month old JL.

The drivers side sunvisor hinge mount is apparently broken. I pulled the visor down and heard something pop. I then noticed the left or hinge side of the visor was loose. I moved the visor over to my side window and noticed the visor was hanging way low. Got home and found the round piece that goes in the plastic mounting piece was hanging down. I was able to push it back into the hole. But I don't think that is going to hold. Can this be fixed by me or world I be better off taking to the dealership for warranty work?
@CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-broken.37957/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

OP
OP

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
OP
OP

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Looks like I will be taking it to the dealer seeing as how the cost of a new visor is stupid high.
Took the Jeep to the dealer and they replaced the broken sunvisor. NO muss, no fuss. Just too them two days as the had to get the new out of Dallas. Only 6o moles between Fort Worth and Dallas and it took two days. Go figure.
Sponsored