JLU CLOCK always losing time

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
YES I'M YELLING, why does my clock constantly lose time. About every 3 weeks I've gotta fix my time.

Is this just a jeep thing 😁?
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
The nerd answer - The reality is that most digital clocks are not accurate, including the one on many phones. The phones, however, get their time from the cellular network, which is extremely accurate. Many car systems also sync their clocks to the GPS network regularly, making them very accurate.

The non-nerd answer - while many car clock that do not sync are less accurate than those that do, the Jeep one is in a league of its own when it comes to losing time, at least what I have seen.

OP
OP
Fastbusa

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
The nerd answer - The reality is that most digital clocks are not accurate, including the one on many phones. The phones, however, get their time from the cellular network, which is extremely accurate. Many car systems also sync their clocks to the GPS network regularly, making them very accurate.

The non-nerd answer - while many car clock that do not sync are less accurate than those that do, the Jeep one is in a league of its own when it comes to losing time, at least what I have seen.
Makes me feel better that's its just not mine

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
silly stuff... most owners link their phone to their JL via Bluetooth... it is certainly possible to update the clock from the phone... just sayiinnnn

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
It's not a Jeep thing, its just a shitty clock. My '88 Poor Runner had a quartz digital clock that was perfect, lost about a minute a year. Apparently that technology has been lost in time like the design of the pyramids.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
YES I'M YELLING, why does my clock constantly lose time. About every 3 weeks I've gotta fix my time.

Is this just a jeep thing 😁?
I stopped adjusting mine a few months ago ...its just beating s dead horse.. what I do now is wait a few months and it magically adjust itself with a correct time....for a day or two..

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I stopped adjusting mine a few months ago ...its just beating s dead horse.. what I do now is wait a few months and it magically adjust itself with a correct time....for a day or two..
I've got a Sport S with the peasant uconnect system, it is not connected to the outside world in any way, even the XM radio is off an external box plugged into aux. But I hear you, i go months without adjusting it, I just know not to rely on it for anything but a time guesstimate. My phone is right up on the dash anyway.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I set mine 4 minutes fast a couple months ago. It now has the proper time. Let’s see how long that lasts.
Sponsored