Sponsored

JL Variants/Limited Editions

What do you think? Will there be more than just the standard 3 JLs offered at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Hi @Milous, I know you're watching and want to give us some info about JL variants at launch. :bandit:
I guess we can speculate about that in this thread since there isn't much news as of late. I'm interested in a Willy's/Big Bear style Jeep with upgraded wheels/tires without the extra $$$$$ for the big boy Rubi.
Sponsored

Nmp212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAM 1500
It will be interesting since there will be both JK and JL sold at same time so you're not only having the standard models "compete" against one another but also any editions that may include more or less for each package. These are big money makers for Jeep afaik but I think they will have a hard time keeping up with JL demand for even standard models at the outset so maybe they slowly roll out the different editions throughout the first model year? Just a guess.

I would love for @Milous to chime in and tell me I am wrong however :)

OP
OP

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
We have seen more than 3 wheel/tire combos

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Special editions are designed to spur sales. They won't need that until year 3 or so. The Willys Wheeler has become a trim level rather than a special edition. Call it a Rubicon loght, if you will, so it may appear. I think you'll see at launch the following: base (sport), Willys, Sahara, Rubicon, Rubicon Hardrock. They'll get backed up with orders for these for two years, if it follows the pattern of the JK. Year 3 is when they'll get caught up and then have to start putting out special editions to keep demand high. I'd bet on a mix of new limited editions and resurrection of older ones that sold well. The older ones that didn't sell as well won't reappear. I'm not sure the Arctic Edtions did as well as others. Some will be popular enough to stay around and morph into trim levels, such as the Rubicon Hard Rock, which is basically a Rubi with Sahara trim. That's just my humble guess of how it will shake out.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No. It gets Rubi wheels, tires, shocks, and maybe the rocker guard. It does not get the Rubi's transfer case, Dana 44 up front, lockers, or sway bar disconnect.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
willys does not come with lockers but does come with rear limited slip

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Special editions are designed to spur sales. They won't need that until year 3 or so. The Willys Wheeler has become a trim level rather than a special edition. Call it a Rubicon loght, if you will, so it may appear. I think you'll see at launch the following: base (sport), Willys, Sahara, Rubicon, Rubicon Hardrock. They'll get backed up with orders for these for two years, if it follows the pattern of the JK. Year 3 is when they'll get caught up and then have to start putting out special editions to keep demand high. I'd bet on a mix of new limited editions and resurrection of older ones that sold well. The older ones that didn't sell as well won't reappear. I'm not sure the Arctic Edtions did as well as others. Some will be popular enough to stay around and morph into trim levels, such as the Rubicon Hard Rock, which is basically a Rubi with Sahara trim. That's just my humble guess of how it will shake out.
You wrote: "They'll get backed up with orders for these for two years, if it follows the pattern of the JK."

Does that mean models like the Rubicon will be hard to get and require waiting list or paying sticker price?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
You wrote: "They'll get backed up with orders for these for two years, if it follows the pattern of the JK."

Does that mean models like the Rubicon will be hard to get and require waiting list or paying sticker price?
Waiting list, sticker price (or the dreaded dealer mark-up) without a doubt. For the 1st year at least, maybe 2. Once supply comes up with the second assembly line running, and all of us on here get ours, pricing will adjust back down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Another wheel/tire. No shot they made all these just for standard 3 JLs. What's interesting to me is that they're all using black wheels.

IMG_4505.JPG

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Another wheel/tire. No shot they made all these just for standard 3 JLs. What's interesting to me is that they're all using black wheels.

IMG_4505.JPG
Black is the new black...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting list, sticker price (or the dreaded dealer mark-up) without a doubt. For the 1st year at least, maybe 2. Once supply comes up with the second assembly line running, and all of us on here get ours, pricing will adjust back down.
Yep. You'll pay at least sticker. I'm fully expecting to pay sticker for my JL, which will be ordered in December.

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
The Willys package seems popular enough that I think we'll probably see it. Plus we've seen the vented hood and stuff that would make sense on a higher end rubicon package. I think those would be the two that you'll see. So the line up would look like Sport, Sport+, Sahara, Rubicon, Rubicon+.

oubbascooba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I rarely, if ever, see sales on Wranglers in my area. I fully expect to pay sticker.
Sponsored