JL tail light

BizBot

First Name
Bizzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Can I buy a tail light without the blind spot detection in it and add my monitor into the new taillight and the blindspot system work?
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
From my understanding the tail lamp and BSM sensor is 2 separate pieces screwed together. So I would assume yes, as long as the tail lamp you’re buying is meant to have the sensor installed in it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different types of tail lights:

Standard tail lights
Mopar_55112891AE_Driver_Tail_Light_JL_Tabletop_Front_0.jpg

LED tail lights --these come standard with the Safety Group and house the BSM sensors
mopar-55112895ah-led-driverside-tailight-left-without-crash-jeep-wrangler-jl-tabletop_0.jpg

I would think you would need the LED tail lights with the sensors if you wanted to add BSM later. Chances are you will also need the side mirrors with the built-in markers, and a flash by the dealer to activate the LEDs and the sensors.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
There are two different types of tail lights:

Standard tail lights
Mopar_55112891AE_Driver_Tail_Light_JL_Tabletop_Front_0.jpg

LED tail lights --these come standard with the Safety Group and house the BSM sensors
mopar-55112895ah-led-driverside-tailight-left-without-crash-jeep-wrangler-jl-tabletop_0.jpg

I would think you would need the LED tail lights with the sensors if you wanted to add BSM later. Chances are you will also need the side mirrors with the built-in markers, and a flash by the dealer to activate the LEDs and the sensors.
There’s also the LED tail lights that come as part of the LED lighting group that do not house the sensor. I posted what I did, because I do not know if the LED tail lamps as part of the LED lighting package have the brackets internally to hold the BSM sensor. Obviously the halogen tail lamps won’t hold the sensor.
Sponsored