Jl over heating issue

Bigredone

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
When at idle the coolant goes to over heating rather fast but when I rev it up it cools down just as fast.
many help would be much appreciated
Sponsored

orangemachine

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
i had the same problem with my first jeep, a2013 jk unlimited rubicon with the v 6 engine and automatic. The jeep kept overheating during city and freeway driving. I took jeep into dealer and at first hey said it was the thermostat causing the problem, replaced thermostat and things seemed okay.Again it started doing the same thing afer 1month,took it back and dealersaid it wes thermostat doing it again, may have been a bad thermostat from parts wharehouse, replaced again, same thing happened again, dealer replaced water pump on my third trip,still overheated and they replaced water pump a second time,shortly therafter it over heated again, finally getting pissed off they called chrysler headquarters and that got the district sales manager and an engineer involved from chrysler. After examinig the water pump and thermostat it was found that the engine and radiator were not completely flushed out at factory after engine block casting and found silicone sand in block and radiator from casting plant,after a complete flushing of engine and replacement of radiator, thermostat, and water pump problem was rectified and this waork was done under warrenty, no problems after that. this may be what is causing your jeep to overheat, oh and i traded the 2013 in on a 2018

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Is it really overheating or do you just think it is too hot?

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
When at idle the coolant goes to over heating rather fast but when I rev it up it cools down just as fast.
many help would be much appreciated
what temp is it getting to? 3.6 or 2.0? The 3.6 high fan doesn’t even come on until 228 degrees.
Sponsored