JL is Pretty Awesome

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine.
It is absolutely special. 😀. Sport to rubicon. Its special! Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep warangler sport
Congratulations!!! We are new to the jeep world. Our first jeep to flat tow behind our RV. We are two weeks with our JL. We are coming from a 1999 suburban 4x4.:like:

PaulN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine. I'm coming from a 97 TJ straight 4 with 197K miles. Having driven the TJ for the last 20 years I have to say these new JL's are pretty amazing. There's a lot of gripping on here about this rattle, how it handles, getting wet when opening the doors, noise etc... If your complaining about any of these things my guess is you have not spent much time in an older Jeep. The JL is like driving a space ship compared to my TJ. Was absolutely blown away on the ride home about how great these new JLs are and put 80 miles on the Jeep already; quite a few those being on the beach which is my main use for the Jeep. Anyway just thought I would give the JL a well deserved shout out.
Congratulations on the new JL. Got mine in November. First Jeep and love it. Decided to go all-in and got every toy but the Smokers Package. Tire pressure on delivery is 10-15% high which I experienced and have seen others comment on as well. Steering is a chore until you knock it down to 36-37 where it should be.
Sending mine to the shop in May for an ARB compressor to be mounted under the front passenger seat so I can air up when I get off the beach.

SuperMonster

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU and 2020 JLU
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine. I'm coming from a 97 TJ straight 4 with 197K miles. Having driven the TJ for the last 20 years I have to say these new JL's are pretty amazing. There's a lot of gripping on here about this rattle, how it handles, getting wet when opening the doors, noise etc... If your complaining about any of these things my guess is you have not spent much time in an older Jeep. The JL is like driving a space ship compared to my TJ. Was absolutely blown away on the ride home about how great these new JLs are and put 80 miles on the Jeep already; quite a few those being on the beach which is my main use for the Jeep. Anyway just thought I would give the JL a well deserved shout out.
Funny...I went from a '12 JK to my new JL and have the same thoughts and feelings you're having. This thing is sooooo nice and fun to drive.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
I understand your delight. I've had a 2005 Rubicon (TJ), a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited (4 dr JK) and now I have a 2020 2 dr Willys (JL). Jeep has definitely improved the fit and finish with every iteration and picked up on some of the owners needs like built in grab handles, electronics, etc. I love the look of the JL hood and grille. It's kinda a throwback to the old CJs.

Sponsored

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Congrats on the new ride! My ‘19 JLUR is my first Jeep and my only regret is I waited so long to get one!

Rpk99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65th Anniversary Wrangler
Congratulations!! I took ownership of my jl in December. Like driving a Cadillac compared to my tj and yj before that. At least now at highway speed it doesn't matter if I hit that bump in the road just the wrong way. I'm pretty sure only older wrangler owners will understand that....lol. Enjoy!

Errick

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Wrangler JL, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Join the club! My first was a new cj way back when. Got my 2020 sport s and I'm loving it.

bouleta

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Ecodiesel 2020 JLUD
From a JKU Sahara 2017 to JLU SportS Altitude ecodiesel. Ride, comfort, power, the best combination for me. Just enjoying every ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL is Pretty Awesome Jeep Mars 2020

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Having had two TJ’s (both bought new) I’ve gotta agree with the OP. The JL isa huge improvement in ride, fuel economy, power and overall capability. No factory TJ was even close to the JL😊

Sponsored

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
I have a company car and fuel card. Yet every Friday I drive my JL to work just because it’s fun. When my coworkers comment and ask me why, I tell them “Friday is Jeep day”.

I loved my old CJ5 and I still miss the look and rugged dependability (and not having to care if it rained when the top was off), but the JL has much better road manners while still feeling like a Jeep.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations, I totally agree. My last Jeep was a '99 Sahara TJ (before Rubicons even existed). I just landed a '21 Rubicon JLU. I really love the thing (as well as the TJ). I remember thinking I was high tech by adding power door locks to that thing.

The JLU is a different beast, originally I wanted a 2 door because that's how I imagine Jeeps to be. But with a kid and a wife I went with a 4 door. I'm glad I did now, I really like it. I'm most amazed at how the engines and transmissions have evolved. My TJ was the 4.0 inline 6 with auto. This 2.0 4 cylinder 8 speed auto blows it away even adding the extra size of 2 more doors. The only thing that is hard to get used to is the ESS. For the first week, I thought the engine died at stoplights.

21Rubi.jpg

Last edited:

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I love my '21 Sport S that I picked up in the beginning of February. Besides loving the way it drives, it's really made me into an amateur mechanic with all the mods I've self installed. I've never done any work on previous vehicles. I'm even contemporary adding a Rubicon suspension, something I would have never considered before. I previously owned a '94 & '98 Sahara.

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
This is our second Wrangler and we love it. I don't fit into it really comfortably and I surely miss the utility and space of my F150's... but I love crawling on rocks, floating over sand, and since I installed a third row bench, all six of us fit comfortably. Until the kids are all teenagers at least... :)

It flat tows very nicely. Our JLUM most definitely has better road manners than our JKUS. I'd have a Gladiator if not for the four kids, on balance, perhaps.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
OP is right, these JLs are so nice for anyone that drove jeeps before the last two models.
Sponsored