JL Headlights (2018)

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
I may have a dumb question, but we will see. My headlights are manual switch on/switch off. I am used to having full time driving lights that were on my Audi that are automatic. I like driving with my lights on even during the day. Problem is with the Jeep, I have accidentally left my lights on (didnt hear the headlight chime!). But they have turned off on their own, I've noticed when I get back into my car it's fine and the headlights are off. (switch is still on tho)
So the question is, do I need to always turn off my lights when I turn off the car, or do the headlights go off on their own without stressing the battery?
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I may have a dumb question, but we will see. My headlights are manual switch on/switch off. I am used to having full time driving lights that were on my Audi that are automatic. I like driving with my lights on even during the day. Problem is with the Jeep, I have accidentally left my lights on (didnt hear the headlight chime!). But they have turned off on their own, I've noticed when I get back into my car it's fine and the headlights are off. (switch is still on tho)
So the question is, do I need to always turn off my lights when I turn off the car, or do the headlights go off on their own without stressing the battery?
On my Sport, which does not have auto lights, there is a setting in the UConnect to control how long they stay on for called Headlight Delay. This is more of a safety setting to keep them on while you go in the house, but it may have shut them off for you.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Headlights (2018) 9162B95A-E9A2-4139-8160-BADFF9C45665

OP
OP
Cat Ebeling

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
On my Sport, which does not have auto lights, there is a setting in the UConnect to control how long they stay on for called Headlight Delay. This is more of a safety setting to keep them on while you go in the house, but it may have shut them off for you.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Headlights (2018) 9162B95A-E9A2-4139-8160-BADFF9C45665
Yes I was wondering about that too! I have mine set at 30 sec. I will have to watch and see. If that is the case, I may just drive with them on all the time if that works. What do you do?

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I have a base Sport and I swapped out the headlight switch to one with the auto setting. Works great.

2DC7FDC8-B957-4D00-B55B-577B5880A5B6.jpeg

4AB7F586-CD01-47F0-8E33-18023AF62B53.jpeg

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Yes I was wondering about that too! I have mine set at 30 sec. I will have to watch and see. If that is the case, I may just drive with them on all the time if that works. What do you do?
Being north of the border, we have Daytime running light requirements. I installed aftermarket LED lights (highly recommended) and I set up the lights to come on at full brightness all the time using Jscan. The only thing hitting the switch to my headlights does is turn on my marker and taillights.

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I have a base Sport and I swapped out the headlight switch to one with the auto setting. Works great.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Headlights (2018) 4AB7F586-CD01-47F0-8E33-18023AF62B53

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Headlights (2018) 4AB7F586-CD01-47F0-8E33-18023AF62B53
Did your Sport come with the eye/sensor thing on the top of the dash to make the AUTO on the new switch work? Or did you add the eye/sensor thing?

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I added nothing but the switch. They come on and go off with the ignition when set to auto. I believe the sensor will automatically turn the lights on and off depending how light or dark it is when the switch is set to auto.
Sponsored