OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Same thing happend to my 2018 Sahara with 2000 miles. I figured when it went in that the dealer would miss so many details and I was right. I traded it in 24 hours after getting it back after waiting 2 months. There is just simply no way that low rate dealers mechanics are up to the task. You will have issues pop up years later from something rubbing because they missed a detail. I did get a great deal because the idiot dealer that I traded it into didn’t factor in the frame damage and they were the dealership that did the repairs. Either way it’s not worth the future gremlins.
This is definitely a big concern.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
You should undercoat the frame with crc 6026. before they put it back together
Not too many problems with rust, in Nevada. Plus, I doubt they would let him in the work area, to monkey around with the frame. Liability reasons, and getting undercoating on the areas of the frame, that needs to be tightly fitted with the tub, might be a bad thing.

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Same thing happend to my 2018 Sahara with 2000 miles. I figured when it went in that the dealer would miss so many details and I was right. I traded it in 24 hours after getting it back after waiting 2 months. There is just simply no way that low rate dealers mechanics are up to the task. You will have issues pop up years later from something rubbing because they missed a detail. I did get a great deal because the idiot dealer that I traded it into didn’t factor in the frame damage and they were the dealership that did the repairs. Either way it’s not worth the future gremlins.
While I would share this same concern. I'm a service manager at an agriculture equipment dealer. We have to pull cabs, engines, and entire frames apart to get to the areas needing repair or to replace major components.

We have very little rework. One machine can have more wires, controllers and connectors than 7 JLs.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep, new axle as well. They will also check the body attach points.
LOL Never mind just adding the Hemi. Add a 60 in front also. I know that is what I would be thinking. Well at least the 60 since if you could convince them it would only hopefully be the difference in cost.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
LOL Never mind just adding the Hemi. Add a 60 in front also. I know that is what I would be thinking. Well at least the 60 since if you could convince them it would only hopefully be the difference in cost.
The difference in cost between stock and even a pro rock 44 was going to be a lot.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
What would this show on a Carfax report? Since the frame was changed it really shouldn’t say frame damage. Curious how that would work for trading/selling in the future.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Same thing happend to my 2018 Sahara with 2000 miles. I figured when it went in that the dealer would miss so many details and I was right......
How do you know you were right that they missed stuff if you immediately traded it in? If you saw it that day, why did you take delivery of it? Sounds a bit like speculation.

....There is just simply no way that low rate dealers mechanics are up to the task.....
LOL low rate dealer mechanics. Except that the dealer is one of the most expensive places you can take it to be fixed.

This is definitely a big concern.
Then why did you take it to a dealer to be fixed? You can take it to any shop you want to for repairs and you chose the dealership. I assume that means you thought the dealership was the most capable shop for doing the work.

I wouldn't worry. It will be fine, it's a brand new frame.
I remember the original thread. Glad to see they took care of you as fast as they did. I really expected her insurance to drag their heels on paying for the repairs longer than that, and then there's always the concern of part availability. That wasn't a bad turn around at all.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
How do you know you were right that they missed stuff if you immediately traded it in? If you saw it that day, why did you take delivery of it? Sounds a bit like speculation.

LOL low rate dealer mechanics. Except that the dealer is one of the most expensive places you can take it to be fixed.

Then why did you take it to a dealer to be fixed. You can take it to any shop you want to for repairs and you chose the dealership. I assume that means you thought the dealership was the most capable shop for doing the work.

I wouldn't worry. It will be fine, it's a brand new frame.
I remember the original thread. Glad to see they took care of you as fast as they did. I really expected her insurance to drag their heels on paying for the repairs longer than that, and then there's always the concern of part availability. That wasn't a bad turn around at all.
Even the most capable shop can miss things when you’re basically taking the vehicle apart and rebuilding it. My concern is not that this specific dealer is not up to the task (the dealership literally only deals in Jeep products), but that such a big project will almost certainly have some issues to resolve after delivery.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That makes sense. I thought you were saying you were also concerned with the "low rate" dealer mechanics.

Yeah, there's a lot of work done, and being concerned about that makes sense. The good thing is the dealership should stand behind their work, and you're covered under warranty for the Jeep beyond that. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Go enjoy that Jeep again.:tumbleweed:

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
That makes sense. I thought you were saying you were also concerned with the "low rate" dealer mechanics.

Yeah, there's a lot of work done, and being concerned about that makes sense. The good thing is the dealership should stand behind their work, and you're covered under warranty for the Jeep beyond that. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Go enjoy that Jeep again.:tumbleweed:
Hoping for a Tuesday pickup, but we’ll see. I can’t wait to get it back. Have a slipstream, tube doors, j-top, and a bunch of other crap to install. At least the timing is good for top off and doors off weather.

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
It would be a bigger project on a car. The fact that Jeep is a body on frame helps you in this case. I wouldn't worry too much. They are open enough to send pictures as they go. Not all dealership mechanics are monkeys. Some are very capable. Not every mechanic in a shop needs to be a super mechanic. There's plenty of work that doesn't require tons of experience and skill.

Plus it's a Recon! Keep that thing.

$.02

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Even the most capable shop can miss things when you’re basically taking the vehicle apart and rebuilding it. My concern is not that this specific dealer is not up to the task (the dealership literally only deals in Jeep products), but that such a big project will almost certainly have some issues to resolve after delivery.
Depends on how detailed oriented they are, if something come up (ot will be shortly after) - you go back to get it fixed free.
No different then bringing jeep to get aftermarket axles or regear installed.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hoping for a Tuesday pickup, but we’ll see. I can’t wait to get it back. Have a slipstream, tube doors, j-top, and a bunch of other crap to install. At least the timing is good for top off and doors off weather.
LOL top and doors off weather. We're hardtop on and windows up weather here.

Sounds like you're going to have some fun tinkering next week.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
It would be a bigger project on a car. The fact that Jeep is a body on frame helps you in this case. I wouldn't worry too much. They are open enough to send pictures as they go. Not all dealership mechanics are monkeys. Some are very capable. Not every mechanic in a shop needs to be a super mechanic. There's plenty of work that doesn't require tons of experience and skill.

Plus it's a Recon! Keep that thing.

$.02
I think you’re probably right. I’m not anxious to dump it anyway.

That said, the dealership is Jeep Only in Las Vegas and the parts and service team have been excellent. Adam is the parts manager, and has been my contact person, and has done a great job by me so far.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
LOL top and doors off weather. We're hardtop on and windows up weather here.

Sounds like you're going to have some fun tinkering next week.
Definitely no coats here yet. :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Frame Replacement Process & Pics D730E0BB-DE2E-4ACF-BED5-A595963F670C
Sponsored