First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You offered black, Brown, and tan leather. For additional cost can you offer other dyed colors and custom color stitching options?

Design feedback: Is it possible to tighten the window to bring the material tighter around the buttons? Just a suggestion, I don’t know if that’s feasible or as aesthetically pleasing to most folks.
Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
How secure are the fobs in the holster? Could you incorporate a snap loop or Velcro to keep it from falling out?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hello Kenny, I am starting to build some black ones with black stitching today. I will have some pictures posted of these in a couple of days. Unfortunately leather work is a staged process with usually overnight intervals in between (i.e. cut, clean and dye .. let it dry overnight, buff, assemble, sew and wet mold .. let it dry overnight, then edge work, seal and buff) Thank you for your interest and I hope to have pics of both black and tan versions available soon and holster clip versions available next week
They are really nice. As soon as I can compare colors I'm in

EEBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.
Are the ones pictured above considered tan or brown? Btw they look amazing !!

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Those really are very nice. You have a very nice website as well. The wife will kill me but when they are available in black with the red stitching I will definitely be ordering. You're craftsmanship looks top notch!!

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Watching

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Those really are very nice. You have a very nice website as well. The wife will kill me but when they are available in black with the red stitching I will definitely be ordering. You're craftsmanship looks top notch!!
Thank you Joe .. good news is that I found the proper type and size thread in red. I should have it available towards the end of next week. If you are interested, just shoot me an email at [email protected]

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Black with red stitching to match my interior to boot. I'm sold. I am in...[/Q
Hello Brock, I have ordered some red thread in the correct type and size. I will be have a red thread option available on the black holsters in a week or so. Might have to make one for myself as well since I have a Rubi with black interior

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
You offered black, Brown, and tan leather. For additional cost can you offer other dyed colors and custom color stitching options?

Design feedback: Is it possible to tighten the window to bring the material tighter around the buttons? Just a suggestion, I don’t know if that’s feasible or as aesthetically pleasing to most folks.
Thank you for the feedback. The leather is wet molded around the key FOB for retention. It may be possible to tighten the window a little, but you run the risk of it overlapping the buttons. At first I debated about offering the window option, since there is not a lot of leather around the top and one side of the button area on the FOB. However, after completion it seems to mold fine and is rigid around that area. I can certainly explore the potential for other color dyes and threads, possibly even some exotic inlays or overlays in the future

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
How secure are the fobs in the holster? Could you incorporate a snap loop or Velcro to keep it from falling out?
Since the leather is wet molded around a the FOB, the retention is excellent. I can turn them upside town and shake them without any movement of the FOB in the holster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Are the ones pictured above considered tan or brown? Btw they look amazing !!
These are actually brown. The tan ones will be more of a saddle tan color. I hope to have pics posted of the other colors soon

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello everyone and thank you for your interest in the key FOB holster. I should have a red thread option for the black holster available towards the end of next week.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello everyone
Here is a picture of the current 3 color options. While I am still waiting on both the red thread and the belt clips, I am taking orders for these. If interested, please email me at [email protected] I hope to have them also available for order on my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com in the next couple of days

JL FOBs Snap.jpg

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
I believe I need one of these. Nice going Mark.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.