Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.
Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.

Expect an email from me, my good sir!

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Email sent. These are awesome.

trailcat

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Intrested.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Belt clip for my key fob? That's awesome.

Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I’ll order one as soon as it’s available

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I’ll order one as soon as it’s available
Hello Justin
They are available now for the spring clips (as shown) in black with black stitching, and brown or tan with natural stitching The holster clip versions should be available next week. I have had some inquires about black with red stitching. I am currently looking for the red thread in the appropriate thread size .. stay tuned. You can email me at mark@gibsonleatherworks any time to discuss what you may be looking for. Thank you for your interest

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Black with red stitching to match my interior to boot. I'm sold. I am in...
I will let you know when the red stitching is available .. thank you for your interest

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
bookmarked. Nice work. Will keep an eye out for the black with red stitch as well.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Hello Justin
They are available now for the spring clips (as shown) in black with black stitching, and brown or tan with natural stitching The holster clip versions should be available next week. I have had some inquires about black with red stitching. I am currently looking for the red thread in the appropriate thread size .. stay tuned. You can email me at mark@gibsonleatherworks any time to discuss what you may be looking for. Thank you for your interest
I’ll take one exactly as pictured above..how can I order, I didn’t see it on your site.

Thanks!

Justin

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hello Justin
Could you post a picture of the black version

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I’ll take one exactly as pictured above..how can I order, I didn’t see it on your site.

Thanks!

Justin
Thanks Justin, interest has been higher than I anticipated between this forum and Facebook. You can order by emailing me directly at [email protected] Please state the model and color you are interested in on your email. I hope to get some info posted on my website this evening. Thank you for your interest

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Could you post a picture of the black version
Hello Kenny, I am starting to build some black ones with black stitching today. I will have some pictures posted of these in a couple of days. Unfortunately leather work is a staged process with usually overnight intervals in between (i.e. cut, clean and dye .. let it dry overnight, buff, assemble, sew and wet mold .. let it dry overnight, then edge work, seal and buff) Thank you for your interest and I hope to have pics of both black and tan versions available soon and holster clip versions available next week
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.