Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Hello everyone. A few people have asked about in-vehicle mounted leather handgun holsters. Here is my first attempt at patterning one. I will follow up with some additional posts describing install

JL Gun Holster.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Here is the installation information. Remove the round plug on the drivers side of the center console (pops out). Behind the round plug cover is an M6 bolt. Use a 10mm socket to remover. Gentle pull back the lower edge of the center console side panel and slide the clip at the rear of the holster over the panel. Slide the M6X approach 1/12" screw with topper into front hole of holster. Slide 1/2" spacer onto screw from backside of holster. Line up screw with thread hole that you removed the M^ bolt from. Tighten screw and close cover on screw topper ... and that's it ... 1 minute install

JL Holster Intallation Pics.jpg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Of course, there is no one size fits all. If you ride with your seat all the way back to about mid way. The holster seems to work fine. As you can see from the picture (one at rear and one midway) if you have your seat more than about mid way, this will not work for you.

Seat Rear and Mid Positions.jpg

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking really hard for a holster for my SA XDM 9mm so what would be a cost and lead time on getting one, you can PM me the info.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I want 2. One for each JL. No red thread though. Black on black. One white JL, one Hellayella, if not those thread colors, then black on black. Are they pistol specific? XD, Glovk, 1911, Sig 226, SW M&P or Shield?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I want 2. One for each JL. No red thread though. Black on black. One white JL, one Hellayella, if not those thread colors, then black on black. Are they pistol specific? XD, Glovk, 1911, Sig 226, SW M&P or Shield?
These are handgun specific as they are built, stitched and molded to each gun. They essentially are custom holsters. I have approx. 90 gun molds. Impossible to have them all, but I can build for a lot of models. Please send me a PM or email at [email protected] with you specific wants and I will see what we can do to make them happen

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also a fan... black leather, and hopefully you'd have a mold for HK & FNH models... I'm sure you'd have for Springfield. I'll certainly reach out. Nice work.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I want to provide everyone a little more details on these. They are custom made to model specific handguns. They are designed, cut, stitched and molded to either a real gun or a "blue gun" mold of your specific firearm (just like a custom holster). Unfortunately I will not be able to make for all handguns. They are made one by one from 2 layers of 8-9oz. Wickett&Craig or Hermann Oak veg tanned leather (thick leather and probably the highest quality you can get). Please keep in mind that leather is a natural product so there always could be some imperfections in the leather itself ... bug bites, scars etc. (personally I am still looking for the perfect scars or branding for my own builds) Each holster is individually hand dyed. All edges are burnished and finished (no edge paint) and the final product is sealed. I can do some customization (stitching, reinforcement panel designs, exotics etc.). I will include the replacement bolt, spacer and screw cover. Please note seat placement as in photos above as well. I will intro these at $175 each (including shipping and tax) (note, exotics and some custom request will be extra). If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] with specific details about your needs (firearm, color etc.) and I will do my best to accommodate. Thank you in advance for your interest

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
They look like they sit awfully close to the console. Can you even get your hand in there to wrap your fingers around it to pull it out or in?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello Damon. Grip clearance is good. Until you start getting your seat too far forward. The seat will then interfere with not only the rear grip of the firearm but also start to push the firearm towards the console. So seat placement can be a critical issue.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
They look like they sit awfully close to the console. Can you even get your hand in there to wrap your fingers around it to pull it out or in?
I will try to take some better pics tomorrow to show clearances better

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I'm very impressed. Great work and very clean. I've got to keep mine a bit more secure(kids)

now, make it modular to IWB or OWB and I'm all over it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I'm very impressed. Great work and very clean. I've got to keep mine a bit more secure(kids)

now, make it modular to OWB and I'm all over it
Thank you and I both appreciate and respect you being a responsible firearms owner. I tip my hat to you. With regards to making this a hybrid, I don't think that any amount of designing fluid (in my case Jack) will be able to make that happen. However I can build you an OWB.... just saying ... Happy Jeeping and keep those kiddo's safe, educated and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.