JL Delivery Checklist

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
Took delivery of my JLU Rubi on Saturday and everything accounted for except 10, 13 (not applicable)
what does the spare lug nut key look like? i had a bag in center console with three metal round things i assume are for that or spares? pardon my complete ignorance. where did people see this key?

thx
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
what does the spare lug nut key look like? i had a bag in center console with three metal round things i assume are for that or spares? pardon my complete ignorance. where did people see this key?

thx
Key

key.JPG

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
just looked at the build and price on jeep.com. it appears the block heater is a separate item now and no longer part of the cold weather group.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
HI all,
I didn't receive Lugnut for spare tire on my JLUR, is this something I should definitely have or some Jeeps have it and some don't?
Also no velcro straps, I am assuming they would be in the big box part of the dual package?
I also have the towing package, but no tubbing and splices either.
Also no block heater or cord with my cold package group (nothing under the hood either)

Anyone else missing those items>

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@Gus .. The tubing and splices are worth hardly anything.. not that great either. I would not worry about those.

As for the block heater and cord. You may just not be seeing them. Go here and look at the pics and video and then go back to your JL and look. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/block-heater-cord-found-it.4331/ I know they are doing away with the block heater going out with the cold weather group but...

Spare is to have wheel lock and you need the key that goes with it!! Both are supposed to come with the JLU/JL.

Reactions: Gus

Sponsored

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Gus .. The tubing and splices are worth hardly anything.. not that great either. I would not worry about those.

As for the block heater and cord. You may just not be seeing them. Go here and look at the pics and video and then go back to your JL and look. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/block-heater-cord-found-it.4331/ I know they are doing away with the blcok heater going out with the cold weather group but...

Spare is to have wheel lock and you need the key that goes with it!!
Thanks gain for you feedback

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As for the block heater and cord. You may just not be seeing them. Go here and look at the pics and video and then go back to your JL and look. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/block-heater-cord-found-it.4331/ I know they are doing away with the blcok heater going out with the cold weather group but...

Spare is to have wheel lock and you need the key that goes with it!! Both are supposed to come with the JLU/JL.
no lug nut on spare nor key in compartment, just regular nuts on spare.
Not sure if it has to do with Canadian Orders vs US !!!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
no lug nut on spare nor key in compartment, just regular nuts on spare.
Not sure if it has to do with Canadian Orders vs US !!!
Should not be a Canadian thing I do not think... Talk to your dealer. On the spare there should be 2 regular lug nuts and one wheel lock for a total of 3. You also should get the wheel lock key so you can remove the wheel lock when necessary. Also, make sure you got the JEEP logo rubber hitch receiver plug that goes with the tow package.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should not be a Canadian thing I do not think... Talk to your dealer. On the spare there should be 2 regular lug nuts and one wheel lock for a total of 3. You also should get the wheel lock key so you can remove the wheel lock when necessary. Also, make sure you got the JEEP logo rubber hitch receiver plug that goes with the tow package.
I talked to my dealer he said he will double check, but they gave me the car as received.
The spear has three regular nuts, no wheel lock on it.
I did receive the receiver plug though.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Your dealer represents FCA. They should inform FCA of factory deficiencies and get them corrected. List the items needing correction and cc (copy to) the GM at the dealership. Factory workers have bad days, too. Good luck.

Reactions: Gus

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Is the spare lug nut key the same key as is used for the locked rear camera? In other words, are there two locks for the spare...one for the camera and one on a lug?

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the spare lug nut key the same key as is used for the locked rear camera? In other words, are there two locks for the spare...one for the camera and one on a lug?
No it is not.
The lock replaces one of the lugnuts with which can only be removed with a special adapter/lockkey shown previously. It’s unique for each vehicle.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
"Gus": does this mean that the key to the rear camera is NOT unique to each vehicle? If the camera lock is unique to each Jeep, then you need two keys to take the spare off?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@TIDALWAVE see pic.
Camera cover is held in place with one torx head bolt that is found a couple of inches, below the camera lens. The circular, camera cover actually nests into the wheels center hole a tad. Little Jeep logo toolkit that came with JLU has correct Torx head bit along with a ratchet handle to use with it.

Spare itself is secured with 3 lug nuts, one of the 3 is a wheel lock lug nut that needs a special key to be removed with. See pic of wheel lock key below.

ddd.jpeg

key.JPG

Last edited:

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Gus": does this mean that the key to the rear camera is NOT unique to each vehicle? If the camera lock is unique to each Jeep, then you need two keys to take the spare off?
There is no camera lock. It’s only a cover that can be removed using Torx bit to remove the spare wheel if needed. It has nothing to do with security lock.
Fatboy post shows the lug nut and it’s lock which is unique to each vehicle to secure spare tire.
Sponsored