First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H2, Wrangler JL, GL550, Porsche 914-6
Occupation
UHC
Looking to see if anyone has upgraded the speakers from the factor. Love the big screen just wanted to replace the speakers and sub if possible. Thank you
Sponsored

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
I did the alpine upgrade kit. Came with new tweeters and an amp and subwoofer that goes under the passenger seat. I'm very happy with it. I'm not an audiophile, but can tell you it sounds pretty good with the top, doors, etc. off. It all fit very nicely in the vehicle and there's no wires, etc. sticking out anywhere. Only thing bad is that it's expensive... I think it's like 1200 retail. I got good employee deal for 700 so it was way worth it for me.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
From looking at posts, it looks like the factory speakers in the Alpine 9 speaker are 2 ohm. Using a standard 4 ohm speaker shouldn't hurt it, but you'll be cutting the power in half. Looks like each speaker gets a seperate amp run (2 dash 3.5, 2 kick 4.5, and two of each in the sound bar), and that the amp crosses over the signals.

I would look for high sensitivity, which will mean the speaker will be louder for a given power level compared to one with lower.

A good option may be the Hertz DCX series, which has a 3.5 coax (DCX 87.3) that would match the dash size with a 92 db sensitivity. Metra makes a replacement pod for about $50 that will let you mount 6.5s in the lower dash kick area.

JBL and Infinity also offer ~3 ohm speakers that could work as well.

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
I am really happy with the Alpine system that came with ours. Did yours not come with that?
Sponsored