Sponsored

Jeeps Market Analysis

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Do you find it interesting that description of Prox. Key suggests that more of the key fobs are located in a purse over a pocket, briefcase not even mentioned.

Its a standard practice when writing marketing collateral to place the most relevant choice first. Is Jeep making a statement based on owners data, or trying to address new potential market?

Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

$495

Remote proximity keyless entry unlocks your vehicle when your key fob is in close proximity and you touch the driver or front passenger door handle, without needing to push any buttons or even remove the fob from your purse or pocket.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
In this day and age I'm sure it's to be politically correct and not "trigger" anyone .

OP
OP
KaDeTime

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
In this day and age I'm sure it's to be politically correct and not "trigger" anyone .
No one was triggered, and i hope no one would be for this. I do agree that everyone is now getting "triggered" by everything and its a shame.

This could be only for this option not for the JL but if you ever spend some time around marketing collateral everything is created to a specific audience. Avery word and punctuation analyzed. You have to be politically correct but you would not overlook your audience.

current market analysis shows man are 59 percent of the drivers in usa

You would think that this would be in reverse "Pocket, or purse" that's all

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I suppose someone could have put some thought into it when writing the copy for the description. Personally, I don't think it makes a difference whether "pocket" or "purse" is listed first. It reads the same either way. Maybe the copy was written by a female copywriter or maybe no thought was put into the order whatsoever.

I would guess (and completely guessing here) that proximity entry is an option that appeals more to females and mothers since they are the ones usually doing the shopping while lugging kids around and are less likely to have a free hand to remove keys to push a button on a remote. They are also more likely to wear clothing without pockets which requires them to carry keys in their purse.

I'm surprised fanny pack wasn't listed first! :cwl:

Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
current market analysis shows man are 59 percent of the drivers in usa

Mine's not a purse, it's a satchel! ;)