Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
It’s hit or miss here in AZ...but I always laugh at my husband who enjoys waving from the passenger side! Lol!
Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
May be a silly question but I’m new to forum and Jeep-waiting on delivery date. Anyway, what EXACTLY is the Jeep wave?

STG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
May be a silly question but I’m new to forum and Jeep-waiting on delivery date. Anyway, what EXACTLY is the Jeep wave?
There’s a video literally a few pages back.

Pass a fellow Wrangler owner and use you hand to wave to them.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've read repeatedly about the Jeep Wave and thought it was kind of cool. A fellowship of sorts between like-minded enthusiasts/fans. Having ridden motorcycles for years, I figured it was similar to what I experience on two wheels. I have to say, I'm starting to think it's a myth. It seems no one in my neck of the woods is eager to wave from their Jeep to me in mine. Any of you in Southern California consistently waving and getting waves? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. It's half your body out the window with both hands outstretched and enthusiastic jazz hands, right? I'm going to be so embarrassed if it's supposed to be spirit fingers and I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
I was Newbie when I bought my Jeep. I did notice other Jeeps waving to me. I finally asked around and Jeep owners wave to each other. I live in Texas outside Dallas some and we all wave.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; R1200GSA; Goldwing
In Vancouver every second vehicle is a wrangler. I’ve seen one wave since purchasing.

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Newb (to Jeeps - first one purchased this past weekend)... We noticed it as soon as we left the lot! Lots of Jeeps in this area of Texas, and everyone seemed to wave. At first we thought we knew them but did not recognize them, but then it hit us... all were in Jeeps. I should have known being a motorcyclist... Now should I wave a Gladiators and Renegades?

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
In Vancouver every second vehicle is a wrangler. I’ve seen one wave since purchasing.
How long have Jeeps been prominent up there?

I live in So Cal, DONT JUDGE! I'm CO raised ;) . . . anyway, I live close to the Mission In San Juan Capistrano, and the majority of waves I see are from anyone with a < 10-year old Jeep, with at least minor modification. Some of the heavier Mod'ed Jeep won't even look at me.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; R1200GSA; Goldwing
How long have Jeeps been prominent up there?

I live in So Cal, DONT JUDGE! I'm CO raised ;) . . . anyway, I live close to the Mission In San Juan Capistrano, and the majority of waves I see are from anyone with a < 10-year old Jeep, with at least minor modification. Some of the heavier Mod'ed Jeep won't even look at me.
I think they’ve been popular here for some time. Everyone in BC wants to look like a true outdoorsman at all times. Ready to hike up a mountain the first chance they get, or fight for the release of whatever the latest marine life shows up at the aquarium. It’s pretty hilarious.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
A guy in a GMC truck waved at me yesterday morning , I figured his other vehicle must be a Jeep. I waved back. Go figure.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I tried it at first, then stopped....seemed silly. Just because we own the same type of vehicle, we should acknowledge it? They wave, I don't. I like and appreciate the ones that don't wave more. Means they don't buy into the BS either.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I tried it at first, then stopped....seemed silly. Just because we own the same type of vehicle, we should acknowledge it? They wave, I don't. I like and appreciate the ones that don't wave more. Means they don't buy into the BS either.
What do you do when other bikers wave? I've been returning those for freakin years !

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Need a bobble hand in the middle of the dash. With LED lighting to be seen at night.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
^^^^^^^^^^
the grumpy old guy with a sahara

sorry couldn't resist