Jeep Wave [the hand thing, not the program]

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
So here in North Jersey I've got an interesting one. I get around 90% wave backs, regardless of model, year, or driver stereotype--but that's only if I'm on a side road. On any main road or highway, I've only ever gotten the wave from other Jeeps with their doors off, and even then only when I'm literally hanging out the side of my Jeep waving first.

It's totally bipolar and weird. I've resolved to just wave incessantly at any and all Jeeps regardless. I will not be deterred!
Lol this is truth! I think it’s because on north jersey highways you need two hands firmly gripping the wheel to survive!! :LOL:

Where in NJ are you?
Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I caught a dude Jeep waving me from a Toyota Camry or something or other, my fingers went up automatically and I started laughing when I realized hey that’s not a Jeep...

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
MD here and get tons of waves; probably 95% or so. It can get annoying as often see a couple wranglers every minute driving.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I caught a dude Jeep waving me from a Toyota Camry or something or other, my fingers went up automatically and I started laughing when I realized hey that’s not a Jeep...
Dude probably has one at home. I've never done it but I have caught myself from doing it to jeeps...when I'm rolling in the van, lol.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Around Tahoe on the California side, stock wranglers will not wave back...period. This is so truth that I won't waste my time however I noticed if they are not stock, or an model older than JK, then waves are the norm.

Around Tahoe on the Nevada side, it seems that all wranglers wave regardless whether stock. Yesterday I had a jeep renegade wave, even.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i got one by surprise at a stop light coming off from work gone to a buddy's house.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I try to wave whenever I notice in time, but is not as easy when you normally drive with your hand down low on the wheel.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
Just wanted to say to whomever waved at me this morning, I did wave back! Don’t be discouraged! lol

Maybe look at me when you wave :like:. Saw his hand up but it was too late :)

:jk::captain:

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
First rule of Jeep driving: All jeep owners must wave. Second rule of jeep driving: Newest Jeep waves first. . Sounds official, so I will believe it. ;) If on a 2-lane road, I wave and you should too! If they don’t wave back, too bad for them.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Honestly why do you care if it’s been posted already. You are that bothered by it you took the time to find half a dozen other threads then copy them here when this thread was already on page 2? People are engaging OP. Stick around on any forum long enough and eventually it’s going to be all the same threads posted in a continuous loop. Lol
True. What's an old post to some is a new post to me. I like how people in this forum interact with each other duplicates or not. This is why I stay engaged.

Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is my first Jeep and I must say, I am surprisingly bad at the wave. I will gladly wave back if I see it in time, but am hesitant to wave first. I don't want to be waving at somebody's child driving their Jeep, I'd much rather be waving at the person making the payments, so I'm trying to see who's driving first and then I miss a lot and don't wave in time. When I have it together, my Jeep wave looks a lot like a peace sign, but really it is me saying 2-door is the way to go, so I'm not being all that friendly 80% of the time either. Looks friendly though.
Good points.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In MA also. Most women don't wave as they seem preoccupied with other things. Older Jeeps and modded Jeeps wave more consistently. I get many more waves in my Willys wagon than I do in my JLUR...
I live in MA too and am interested in how many waves I'll be getting. Now I live in a village so people are naturally friendly to other residents so I'll have to test out this problem when I'm "off island".
Once I get down Route 128 towards towns and cities I'll be able to judge better on how many Jeep Waves I am part of.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ha! That's funny. I like the subtle jab with the 2-door. I just might adopt that from you.
Me too.
I ordered a 2 dr because I always wanted on although I did consider a Sahara Unlimited for awhile.
To me a Wrangler Sport S is an everyday joy.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I live in MA too and am interested in how many waves I'll be getting. Now I live in a village so people are naturally friendly to other residents so I'll have to test out this problem when I'm "off island".
Once I get down Route 128 towards towns and cities I'll be able to judge better on how many Jeep Waves I am part of.
I'd estimate I'm at about 75% wave backs here in MetroWest. As opposed to upstate NY (Albany area) where I have been several times and have yet to receive a single wave.
Sponsored