dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did a 140 mile trip today visiting some area lakes and maybe 25% waved back. I will say the older the jeep, the more likely they'll wave. One Wrangler owner waved me down at a lake to ask about my Jeep Backbone. We passed an eighteen wheeler and he honked. The wife asked why, I shrugged my shoulders and said maybe his other ride is a Wrangler.
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Used to the wave from when I rode, so I wave now in the jeep. Definately get more with the tops out/windows down, etc and on weekends. Seems that's when the enthusiasts drive.

Drumr04

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I always wave. In my area I get a return wave about 50% of the time. Generally the older Jeeps are more likely to wave.

5c0073r

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
When I test drove mine home last week people kept waving. I had no idea there was a Jeep wave. I though “I know this thing is cool but damn!” Talk about ego inflation lol

When I told the dealer he laughed and explained it all to me.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
When I test drove mine home last week people kept waving. I had no idea there was a Jeep wave. I though “I know this thing is cool but damn!” Talk about ego inflation lol

When I told the dealer he laughed and explained it all to me.
Get used to it.....you're "cool" now :fist bump:

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Texas I’ve been getting about 50% waves. TJs and JLs tend to wave more than JKs from my limited experience since getting the JL in March. Back when I had my TJ and YJ I noted that the four door, unmodified JKs seemed least likely to wave. When I lived in Hawaii (where I bought my YJ) the JKs which were obviously rentals hardly ever waved; can’t really blame them for not knowing.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@BbyGrlJJ and i just went on a small road trip to the Chicago area.....lots of Wranglers up there and was glad to see nearly all of them wave. I'm a fan of the wave if you have a Jeep, but not necessarily to "just have a Jeep" if that makes sense. I would like to find/make some type of sticker like "WAVE HARD". I get sick of seeing some folks who do 1/2 waves or wave because they "have to". You bought the Jeep - OWN IT! :)

IdahoRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am in Boise, Idaho and I get the waive 75-80%. When I have people in my Jeep that are unfamiliar with the "Jeep Wave" and experience it for the first time...they love it because it is unique. That is one of the many things I love about our community, we are different, our Jeeps are different, our Wranglers are an extension of us, and not just appliances to get from A to B.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Boise, Idaho and I get the waive 75-80%. When I have people in my Jeep that are unfamiliar with the "Jeep Wave" and experience it for the first time...they love it because it is unique. That is one of the many things I love about our community, we are different, our Jeeps are different, our Wranglers are an extension of us, and not just appliances to get from A to B.
Idaho folks are friendly. We're getting lots of Jeep waves. I feel bad when I forget or don't see the Jeeper waving and the wife points it out.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I always wave back, but only initiate a wave if it's TJ or older or modified. Otherwise I just assume it's a soccer mom and there are just too many to expend the energy.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Here in suburban GA, I would say that it's about 50%, as others have said it seems to to depend on the age of the vehicle. Lots of soccer moms and high school kids driving late model JKU's and JLU in my area, and very few of them seem to know about it.

Older JK's & TJs and such seem to be more consistent.

:jk:

JoeyDIL

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sp
So, I've read repeatedly about the Jeep Wave and thought it was kind of cool. A fellowship of sorts between like-minded enthusiasts/fans. Having ridden motorcycles for years, I figured it was similar to what I experience on two wheels. I have to say, I'm starting to think it's a myth. It seems no one in my neck of the woods is eager to wave from their Jeep to me in mine. Any of you in Southern California consistently waving and getting waves? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. It's half your body out the window with both hands outstretched and enthusiastic jazz hands, right? I'm going to be so embarrassed if it's supposed to be spirit fingers and I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
The wave is used about 90%, her in the Chicago area.

I think that eye contact is the key. Not everyone notices, so it's not like getting a cold shoulder when there is no return wave.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
it depends on where i am at. going to and from work i might get a wave back (usually from a modded jeep) vs a middle finger. (lovely sh*thole town i work in). in other areas i'll get a wave or 2. i think that most of the jeep owners don't know about that wave deal by me

have any one made a mistake and wave at a jeep when you are not driving a jeep. or forget to wave back.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
So here in North Jersey I've got an interesting one. I get around 90% wave backs, regardless of model, year, or driver stereotype--but that's only if I'm on a side road. On any main road or highway, I've only ever gotten the wave from other Jeeps with their doors off, and even then only when I'm literally hanging out the side of my Jeep waving first.

It's totally bipolar and weird. I've resolved to just wave incessantly at any and all Jeeps regardless. I will not be deterred!