Jeep Wave [the hand thing, not the program]

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I get waves more often than not but where i live i see a lot of college-aged kids in Wranglers during the summer and they certainly don't wave.
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I live in Iowa...in the country. Everyone waves to everyone. Went to town today, passed a Wrangler in the parking lot. I waved, he looked at me like I'd exposed myself. To be fair, his Jeep had square headlights...

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I live in Iowa...in the country. Everyone waves to everyone. Went to town today, passed a Wrangler in the parking lot. I waved, he looked at me like I'd exposed myself. To be fair, his Jeep had square headlights...
Here in the sticks of Vermont , there are so few people around , everyone waves to everyone because they are thrilled to come across another human being.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I’ve been getting snubbed lately more than usual and I’m not sure if it’s the JL over my JK. I wave regardless and play nice in the sandbox although I don’t really care for it. Will also wave on the MOTO.

GeneralRizzo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Or Georgia! There are so many here and most wave. But, there are so many here, it can get tiring. I also don't even bother looking to see if they wave or not half the time, but I'll still throw up my wave on the wheel.
Same here in NC. There are so many I just throw the wave up as fast as I can and try not to miss any. JLs almost always wave back. Modded JKs wave. Stock JKs are about 40%. Ive noticed women in stock JKs are closer to 10% here. I can just see them going “do I know that guy?” instead of waving back. There’s a couple really nice, fully decked out n modded JLs. Those guys never miss the wave. #Pros

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Same here in NC. There are so many I just throw the wave up as fast as I can and try not to miss any. JLs almost always wave back. Modded JKs wave. Stock JKs are about 40%. Ive noticed women in stock JKs are closer to 10% here. I can just see them going “do I know that guy?” instead of waving back. There’s a couple really nice, fully decked out n modded JLs. Those guys never miss the wave. #Pros
LOL@ Pros

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
My average is 100% because I don't initiate the wave - only return it.

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
This is my first Wrangler, and while I had heard about the wave on this site before purchase, I didn't realize how pervasive it was. There are a lot of Wranglers in Colorado Springs. I've had to change my hand driving position from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock to easily wave. I don't initiate the wave, but estimate 20%-30% of other Wranglers do.

I also get a lot of waves from other cars, all makes and models, when I'm driving my BMW M4. It's a different kind of wave, they just use one finger. I think they're trying to tell me they think I am number one.

scottlindner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
I'm on my second Wrangler. I had my first from 98 to 2012 (my ex hated it and eventually I got rid of it to be the family man... no longer a problem!). I have noticed the real offroaders and Jeep culture minded folks are big on the wave and the ones that buy a MallTerrain vehicle aren't. Since the Rubicon kinda got badass looking lots of folks are buying them now that aren't really Jeep minded. I did just buy one of those sexy badasses and I struggled with super simple or fully loaded. I kinda like both. But anyway, I think you'll know by looking at the Jeep they're driving. If it's seen real offroad, they'll wave. And they longer you drive one the more quickly you'll recognize the subtle signs of that kind of wear on a vehicle.

Sponsored

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Come spring or summer, whenever it gets warm where you live and tops come down, everyone will be waving

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel FarOut
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I live in DFW and I average about 65-75% return on wave. I wave at every Wrangler and Gladiator I see. If I get one back, it always puts a smile on my face. If not, whatever. Now if I KNOW you saw me and didn't wave, that gets a bit irritating and I just assume you're a self-righteous dick and go on about my day.
Sponsored