multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
what's up with people in white jeeps......our experience is, if someone's NOT going to wave, it's more oftern white jeeps than any other color. about to the point that if it's a white jeep headed towards us, they're going to get the one-finger wave.............
Rental car companies tend to buy white jeeps. People who rent jeeps aren’t initiated in the Way. You’ll notice this even more in Hawaii; tons of rental jeeps there. In fact I was in Hawaii driving a white rental JLU back in October. I waved to a local in a modded jeep and we were going slow enough that I could see the surprise and confusion in his face… he didn’t expect that haole rental to wave.

@Jeepmojave85,
Recall the Jeep wave started in the military back in WWII. Soldiers would casually salute each other in passing with the V 'victory' sign to indicate the respect for fighting alongside each other in the cause for good.
I work on a military installation and am happy to report that the jeep wave is alive in more ways than one here: jeep owners wave pretty much every time and everyone in my particular organization all wave to each other in our HMMWVs too (we all roll with no doors). That one typically consists of two fingers in a V out the door or the shaka. 🤙

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

what's up with people in white jeeps......our experience is, if someone's NOT going to wave, it's more oftern white jeeps than any other color. about to the point that if it's a white jeep headed towards us, they're going to get the one-finger wave.............
Obviously racist. Those white Jeeps should be made to hate themselves.

Sponsored

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
Ok, I'm good with the jeep coming at me down the road, but what about passing another jeep, or pulling up to a red light. If I'm dead even at a red light with another jeep, I'll look over and wave. If I'm passing another Jeep I typically wave but don't look over to see if I get a wave back. I got a SOT top and ride with it open 98% of the time, so if I miss a wave I can easily stick my hand out after they pass by and wave up through the top. Honestly, the hardest thing is remembering not to wave at Jeeps when I'm driving our Tacoma. I'm putting that problem to rest this summer and ordering another Jeep Wrangler to replace the Tacoma.

I'll wave at a JT, it's close enough.

We grew up in a small north Florida town, my uncle drove his truck with hands at about 11 and 1. Keeping both hands on the wheel, he would simply raise his right-hand index finger. Everyone knew him and knew his wave. Simpler times, seemingly kinder people. I live in a busy/crowded central Florida area now. No waving except at jeeps.

crux360a

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Towing and auto repair
Because white jeeps are the most basic jeep ever! Most are rentals or people that choose not to do a single upgrade, but still wan't to be part of the "cool jeep crowd".

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
Because white jeeps are the most basic jeep ever! Most are rentals or people that choose not to do a single upgrade, but still wan't to be part of the "cool jeep crowd".
I'm afraid it's going to take a whole lot more more than a Jeep for me to fit in with any cool crowd.........upgrades, or not.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just moved to Florida and I swear one out of every 10 vehicles I see is a Jeep. I’m about to mount a rubber hand in the window so I can get a break.
Lol we’re in Colorado, I feel ya.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Lol thanks for the laughs everyone. I can assure you all I’m not losing any sleep or stressing about it. It was a funny conversation between me and my wife when driving. I was looking at the radio and she said, “that guy just waved at you.” So I started laughing about waving vs not waving and if you feel dumb by waving and not getting a wave back. Figured it would trigger a funny conversation.

Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I have no problem waving...although in the past 20 years what was a once a week event now has become 20 times just going to get fuel. Jeep wrangler ownership has increased so much with the introduction of the JK and JL it's sometimes shocking.
Question - how do we handle waves when at a very large event (Jeep Invasion with 20K jeeps or even a large jeep jamboree)?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Tbf, there are instances when you absolutely should never wave.

If you're borrowing your mom's, husband's or wife's boyfriend's Jeep, the vehicle is clearly not yours, so no one should expect you to return a wave.

Or, if you're a space cadet too busy playing on your phone. We know it's not safe to further distract you when you're already busy updating your Facebook status or calling your SO or parole officer, so they know where you are at all times.

Don't worry. We understand ;)

Atomic5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR 🛸
Question - how do we handle waves when at a very large event (Jeep Invasion with 20K jeeps or even a large jeep jamboree)?
Bikeweek and jeepbeach in Daytona. Unwritten rule: don't bother waiving. Too many damn people. 😂

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
I do not intend to wave when I get mine…..4 Corvettes made me sick of it.
Sponsored