LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Florida, I just got back into the Jeep family (had a '81 CJ-7) and I send a wave, regardless if I get one back. Like Biker's , some do , some don't.

Denver is hit and miss... more miss than hit.
Sponsored

McAutryx

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Project Manager
Denver is hit and miss... more miss than hit.
It's all those people moving from California to Colorado I think... wait, I'm from California and live in Colorado, curses...
In_1b400d_5330112.png

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
It's all those people moving from California to Colorado I think... wait, I'm from California and live in Colorado, curses...
In_1b400d_5330112.png
:cwl:

You know, they made it legal back in California. You can go back now. ;)

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
Ive been waving at most Wranglers since getting my JLUR. Returned waves have been less than non-returned. My wife continues laughing at me. I’m just a generally friendly guy. I’ve had a couple great ones though...one full on out the window peace sign, one out the top, even one guy who didn’t seem confident in the wave because his fingers popped up and down so quick from the steering wheel like they were playing peek-a-boo. :bandit:

I think it has a lot to do with area. This past Saturday we went exploring along Rampart Range Rd. Everyone waved, even non Jeep drivers.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ive been waving at most Wranglers since getting my JLUR. Returned waves have been less than non-returned. My wife continues laughing at me. I’m just a generally friendly guy. I’ve had a couple great ones though...one full on out the window peace sign, one out the top, even one guy who didn’t seem confident in the wave because his fingers popped up and down so quick from the steering wheel like they were playing peek-a-boo. :bandit:

I think it has a lot to do with area. This past Saturday we went exploring along Rampart Range Rd. Everyone waved, even non Jeep drivers.
yeah, I just keep up the wave even if I don't get one back. You'll find a lot of wrangler drivers just don't wave. Either because they just don't care to, inattentiveness, or lack of awareness that the Jeep wave is a "thing"

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
WELL I DONT WAVE AT MALL CRAWLERS.. SERIOUSLY!! IF YOU HAVE STEP SIDES, CHROME OF ANY KIND, DUAL MUFFLERS IN BACK UNDER BUMPER, NOPE! SO...
Heheheh, says the owner with their Jeeps in front of a MALL (LOL)!

Some of you'all need to quit taking yourself so seriously. Around here that "Wave" isn't something we do to gratify ourselves, it's something we do to brighten someone else day; we do it to say "Hey, we're all in this together on this crazy spinnin' rock!"

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
I wave at every Wrangler, and that one Comanche, that I passed. I have only had this JKU for a couple of days but I’ve passed by several Jeeps and only got 3 waves total. Maybe mine isn’t “worthy” yet? Soon.

*I have LOVED the Comanche since I was a teen so I’ll wave in excitement if I see it.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
WELL I DONT WAVE AT MALL CRAWLERS.. SERIOUSLY!! IF YOU HAVE STEP SIDES, CHROME OF ANY KIND, DUAL MUFFLERS IN BACK UNDER BUMPER, NOPE! SO...
Damn bro who hurt you? So aggressive, you don't wave because someone has side steps? LOL oh no, how will the other Jeep owners ever recover from this heart ache? :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Where I live on the coast of Washington almost every Wrangler I come across waves and I wave back just usually raise of the fingers off the steering wheel and that's all i do. Funny thing is I have only seen one other JL besides mine on the street it was 3 days after I got mine I was at an intersection facing another guy with his new JL no other vehicles at this intersection. I waved at him he did not wave back. I turned left onto a 2 lane one way he turned right on the one way he passes me on the right I look over the guy does not even look over at my JL. The whole time I am thinking wow another JL. It looked like he had a little pissed look on his face and I think because he found out he was not the only JLUR owner in the area.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I have only had our JL for a week but I'd say maybe one out of three waves back.

I don't focus on those that wave back. Folks can get tunnel vision or let their minds wonder while driving. It's not a personal thing. Instead I just get good vibe from anyone that does wave back. IMO, it doesn't matter what others do, just keep waving youself, it's infectious and you'll just be spreading it.

Last edited:

PopsJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4
I've been sending and receiving the wave from this part of Texas where live. The jeepers in this area are really good about doing it. My wife gets a big kick out of it when she's riding with me.:):jk:

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
In Indiana, my waves from a JKU Sahara yield a 98% success rate.

It’s completely stock but has been well used...which can been seen due to poorly matched touch up paint. My bad.

Hipcam52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Supervisor
In the LA and Orange county area I get about a 10% return on my wave but when out on the trail I got to say everyone waves back

beachhead73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited JK, 2001 For Ranger xtra cab, 1974 Ford Thunderbird
Ok Wrangler owners in CO what gives......my brother-in-law (whom had a JKUS) and the dealer told me to wave at other Wrangler owners to be part of this exclusive Jeep wave movement......only no one seems to care.

This is my first Wrangler and I'm trying to uphold the high standards bestowed upon me but seriously I think my chances of getting a wave back have been far less than 50%.

Sooooo, is there just too many Wranglers in CO and so no one cares anymore or did my brother-in-law and dealer set me up to be on some TV show that has morons waving at passing Jeeps????????

Just wave to all the Jeeps.. either they will catch on and embrace the culture, or get sick of owning a Jeep and sell it :)
I got my first Jeep in 93 and I was stationed all over the place, Almost every Jeep I have ever come across on a two way street waves.
But generally if there is an island and and four laves or better for traffic, people aren't going to be looking over to see it.

One thing I have noticed though when Jeeps are side by side, they don't wave as much, more of a passing thing...

In Omaha sometimes it can be a lot because you literally can not go more than a couple blocks without seeing Jeeps,,, many times there are for or five and an intersection or multiple jeeps in the same row.....
Sponsored