Jeep Wave Double Standard

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So I drive a lifted rubicon, yesterday taking my son to baseball practive, i saw a totally over the top built grand cherokee, out of respect i had to wave.. dudes face exploded into a smile.. We must stop this double standard, all jeeps are created equal!!!! unless you get one of the little ones, then you should just waive at other granola eaters.
But did he wave back?
Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Back “in the day” when Jeeps were few and far between there was definitely a brotherhood thing going on-basically only enthusiasts drove ‘em. Today a lot of folks buy them with little/no interest in really using them AS a Jeep, they just take the place of a RAV4 or Outback. I wave at folks but don’t really worry about it one way or the other. It just makes me smile to see another Jeep..

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
I wave at all the Jeeps and even Gladiators. Old, New, stock or modified doesn't matter to me. But I may miss a few since I get distracted by classic cars and especially old trucks. :)

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I wave at all the Jeeps and even Gladiators. Old, New, stock or modified doesn't matter to me. But I may miss a few since I get distracted by classic cars and especially old trucks. :)
do you wave at jeep compass?

Sponsored

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
I’ll wave at CJs, YJs, TJs, JKs, etc, don‘t really make a point to see if they wave back.

Also wave at any vehicle on non paved trails.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Once I asked a rich Asian mom why she drives a Wrangler.

She asked, what a Wrangler?

I point to it, your car.

She replied Oh because it look safe.

Don’t think she’ll be waving back.

Last edited:

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I wave at every Jeep I see on the road and for the most part they wave back. Honestly if someone doesn't wave back they either don't get it or they are probably looking at their phone or hopefully paying attention to the road.

Having a Jeep is pretty cool and the Jeep wave is a huge part of owning the Jeep for me personally. Going to try and keep it going as long as possible on my end - if they don't wave back no big deal in my eyes but most of the Jeep owners I pass in PA wave back.
Sponsored