First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i wish jeep would consider building the 2 door truck. i'd be very happy with a base model sport.
i wonder if this year's easter jeep safari, if jeep saying anything.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is the kind of vehicle everyone says they would buy and then they buy the 4-door instead.

sort of like the Wrangler.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
This is the kind of vehicle everyone says they would buy and then they buy the 4-door instead.

sort of like the Wrangler.
Um no. This is not the same as a Wrangler 2 door vs.Wrangler 4 door. I will never buy the four door Gladiator (too long IMO), but i would absolutely buy a J6 2 door. No BS. Take my money.

This is about proportions. This 2 door truck is dead on. 99.9% of the time I am a solo driver. I don't have kids and don't need the extra seats. A more compact truck is what I want. I don't want to deal with maneuvering a too long/too big truck.

TFL did a video not too long ago about all the new "mid-size" trucks coming out or being revised/refreshed. They mentioned a 2 door and stated (like so many here) that it won't sell. I think one manufacturer (Jeep :) ) should build a 2 door. Not enough demand for every manufacturer but could make sense for one manufacturer.

Take the JL platform, modify the cab, can't be that big of a deal, extend the frame (should be easy), and put a bed on it. I'm no expert, but I don't think it needs much if any crash testing as the front end would be the same as a JL.

I have a JK. I love it. I watch the JL 392 and 4Xe threads. I am intrigued by them but I'm not at the point where I want to upgrade from the JK to the JL. But if Jeep were to build the J6, I'd be first in line!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
In addition to the proportions of the Gladiator being off, which I could tolerate, the killer for me is the cost-saving measure Jeep took on the Gladiator by using the Wrangler JLUR's rear doors. One look at those and I knew the Gladiator wasn't for me. I just cannot get past that and I wish Jeep would redesign the doors even if that means not sharing the same doors with the JLUR. I really hope someone important from Stallantis (god I hate that name--It sounds like something I need to talk to my Doctor about ("talk to your doctor to see if Stallantis is right for you!")) is reading this thread about the J6. I do think a business case could be made to put the J6 into production.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The point made for the 2 door J6 truck being a good niche for Jeep , since no one else makes them for US buyers is a good one.
I'm thinking the pendulum will swing from 4 door Bigups, $50,000 and more, to smaller vehicles whose payments are less than the house - mortgage sized ones for Big is Better.
Fingers and Paws crossed

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Um no. This is not the same as a Wrangler 2 door vs.Wrangler 4 door. I will never buy the four door Gladiator (too long IMO), but i would absolutely buy a J6 2 door. No BS. Take my money.

This is about proportions. This 2 door truck is dead on. 99.9% of the time I am a solo driver. I don't have kids and don't need the extra seats. A more compact truck is what I want. I don't want to deal with maneuvering a too long/too big truck.

TFL did a video not too long ago about all the new "mid-size" trucks coming out or being revised/refreshed. They mentioned a 2 door and stated (like so many here) that it won't sell. I think one manufacturer (Jeep :) ) should build a 2 door. Not enough demand for every manufacturer but could make sense for one manufacturer.

Take the JL platform, modify the cab, can't be that big of a deal, extend the frame (should be easy), and put a bed on it. I'm no expert, but I don't think it needs much if any crash testing as the front end would be the same as a JL.

I have a JK. I love it. I watch the JL 392 and 4Xe threads. I am intrigued by them but I'm not at the point where I want to upgrade from the JK to the JL. But if Jeep were to build the J6, I'd be first in line!
They would sell less than 10,000. Are you going to create a product for that kind of volume?

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I watched the video and didn't realize the towing capability of the J6 is over 7,000lbs. The JLUR's capacity is much lower than that (3,500lbs I think?). I really want a J6. I hope it happens.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
J6, what dreams are made of...

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Some people assume small regular cab pickups went away and are no longer available to buy in the North American market because no one wanted to buy them so manufacturer's stop making them. The truth is they, along with station wagons and sedans, fell victim to our EPA's CAFE requirements.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/

Full size trucks are where American auto manufacturer's make their profit as there is very little foreign competition. This is why they are marketing U.S. consumers into believing a $50,000+ crew cab truck with a tiny bed is what we all want and need for our transportation.

Hristo34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ, 08 Corvette Z06, 19 Subaru Outback
I would buy this truck in a heartbeat. I love my LJ, but I'll have to replace it sometime, and this truck would be it.