Sponsored

Jeep Gun Lock Box

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a vote for the Lock’rDown console lock. It’s pricier than the Tuffy but built much better with plates on the bottom and side, and it has optional magnetic gun holders. You can choose combo or keyed locks. It’s quite the vault.

I don’t store a gun in my Jeep but there are times when heading back from the range where you might have to lock up the pistol for a short errand or a beer with the mates. Can’t bring a gun into the tavern. I have a 2 door so nothing yet available to lock up the tailgate trunk area, except the Tuffy tailgate box.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
The situation in VA bears watching.
Watching it very closely since my return to VA following my overseas assignment. Best quote I’ve heard so far in the discussion: “I carry a gun because I can’t carry a cop.”

Left the reporter speechless and me laughing my ass off.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I mostly wander around the desert in Arizona but I have one of those cheap HF boxes just in case i happen to wander into Cali and am feeling paranoid. Under $20 and I think it meets the letter of the law. I prefer to keep my guns out of sight and within reach. Can't do that in some places. Don't get me started on suppressors.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
There's a difference between "can't" and "not allowed". ;) Just sayin'......
True, and in Indiana, signs do not hold the force of law. However, some public buildings do, such as my work place.

I get exactly what you are saying though, so thanks for the clarification.

I'd highly recommend the app CCW to everyone. It updates state laws every time you open it. In some states those signs carry the force of law. In others, they don't. Personally, however, I do treat with respect the wishes of people and business who don't want firearms on their premises. Just as they must understand that if they come to my property, they'll have to respect mine.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm using the Locker Down console safe. Works great. Watch or skip to the end of the video to see what fits in the console.

Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have, and definitely recommend, the Tuffy center console which should hold a hand gun nicely. They don't allow hand guns up here in Canada, so it was pretty funny when the UPS guy delivered the product which had lots of gun pictures on the cover! Gave me a sideways look...

I use it for valuables and my wallet when I leave the vehicle (off road biking etc..) Very useful in the summer when the soft top is installed since it's way easier to break into. Fits perfectly and still allows the USB connection to be used.

upload_2019-12-30_12-13-24.png

Trefflek

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Sahara wrangler, 2005 Chevy Avalanche 2500 with plow, 2006 subaru impreza, 2013 camry
Anyone have any cool creative gun lock boxes in there Jeeps?

Looking for some ideas.[/QUOTE

I bought a small Hornandy handgun safe that is cable locked to my back seat and slides under front seat. Once I slide under front seat, cable goes under floor mat and no one can see it. Uses a key, code or rfid to open.
5D6054A2-92EC-48FB-BA60-FB4997750E79.jpeg

8D80A037-2C11-4A08-B0E1-0287089CA038.jpeg

AA7B1951-565D-43E9-852F-04AB6477BD06.jpeg

Mainsail

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Liberty Limited, 1986 M1009
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck that. If I have to go to the court house and my next stop is the mall it's getting locked in the car for an hour.
Here in WA the courthouse is required by law to provide storage, and the malls are good for carry even if they post it.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I have yet to see a security container for everyday vehicles that doesnt look like I could pop it open in 5 sec with a 10" screw driver.
Sponsored