Lock Boxes

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
Anyone have a lock box in their jeep? I've read some posts where folks don't leave anything in the glove box or the center console because they can easily be tampered with and for that fact, they just leave them empty and unlocked.

Was thinking about this....

Thoughts, suggestions and or show me your lock box.
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
There have been a ton of posts about Tuffy lock boxes for the console and the tailgate.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a lock box in their jeep? I've read some posts where folks don't leave anything in the glove box or the center console because they can easily be tampered with and for that fact, they just leave them empty and unlocked.

Was thinking about this....

Thoughts, suggestions and or show me your lock box.
I have this and really like it... store everything I do not want missing... I have a 2 door and does take up room in the back, but worth it. Also took off the black plastic thing on the tailgate.... Also noticed it has 5 or 6 screw area on the tailgate and drilled an added hole to have three screws across the top. Best to install with extra hand to mount. I also opted for the combination lock as I don't do keys...

Edit: I had the Tuffy center console which did not look that secure, so returned it.

Last edited:

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a $100 channel lock large steel box in the been of my JLU. I’ve tied it down with a long ratchet strap and it’s locked to the floor with a steel cable lock. I looks like it was built specifically for the Jeep. I lock it with a padlock.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I have one of the tuffy tailgate lock boxes and it's great. It does take up some space but I think it's worth it. I do need to look for the combo locks though. That makes more sense to me than a key
Sponsored