Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Correct on

correct on all points, when paying BMW price for a Jeep it’s not unreasonable to expect BMW fit and finish. Although putting lipstick on a mountain goat doesn’t make him climb any better
Hold up... 2 392's? You are blessed with owning two??
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Rubidium? Don’t know how that happened. Rubi 392

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
"I do not work" turned me off to even bother reading the rest of the bla bla bla.
I should have said "I dont collect a paycheck " for the impatient judgy ppl like you. I dont have a job thank goodness bc I need spare time to do things like... oh yeah... spending 10 days and $$$ to rehab an old womans home while she was in the hospital having 2 surgeries on her back to restore feeling in her legs and feet. It was my surprise gift to her to let her know there are ppl out there who care. Ive never even met her. It was my money. My labor. My knees bruised laying floor tiles and making her home handicap accessible bc her family is neglectful at best.
So get turned off. Dont read my post. Your opinion of me doesnt take the shine off my halo. Im family first. No latchkey kids here. My college degrees will never provide me with the full heart my non-working lifestyle provides.

Sponsored

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I should have said "I dont collect a paycheck " for the impatient judgy ppl like you. I dont have a job thank goodness bc I need spare time to do things like... oh yeah... spending 10 days and $$$ to rehab an old womans home while she was in the hospital having 2 surgeries on her back to restore feeling in her legs and feet. It was my surprise gift to her to let her know there are ppl out there who care. Ive never even met her. It was my money. My labor. My knees bruised laying floor tiles and making her home handicap accessible bc her family is neglectful at best.
So get turned off. Dont read my post. Your opinion of me doesnt take the shine off my halo. Im family first. No latchkey kids here. My college degrees will never provide me with the full heart my non-working lifestyle provides.
My statement was a bit harsh. I apologize. People around my way are just lazy, and don't want to work. I was judgmental, and you did not deserve my comment.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
The attitude presented in the responses you get is why Jeep doesn't give a crap about craftsmanship and attention to detail. Many Jeep folks just don't care about these notions and so, if they don't give a crap, why should Jeep?

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
My statement was a bit harsh. I apologize. People around my way are just lazy, and don't want to work. I was judgmental, and you did not deserve my comment.
My apologies for replying so harshly... you weren't the first with that comment so I was a bit touchy. We all good fellow Jeeper ✌

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
That's what I thought. Mine are D569 Vapor Fuel 20's.(20x10 -18mm) You read the forum no LOVE for the Jeeps with 20's ? My Jeep order came in late Feb. and Covid had all the 17" tires I wanted backordered 8 weeks. Basically just like most are now.

Since my Dealership puts most of their Jeeps out on lot with 20's on 35's and 37's they had stock of Toyo open country 20's. I ended up changing wheel order to 20's. That part I kick myself for not waiting for 17's.

I love the look of my Jeep with the 20's but for bucket list items I have to get set of 17's for more sidewall rubber. I have been on some very moderate trails but not hard trails with the 20's.

Looks like I will keep the 20's for town and put the new 17's on for off-road use.
I hear ya. It was a toss up between the 20’s and 17’s for me. I gave in to the 20’s since I probably will never rock crawl and will only take it down basic northern MN logging trails and such. I won’t even have to air down for these types of trails around here sadly.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
@Jjirish

My apologies, as I completely lost my train of thought for the original subject matter at hand and I became a tad sidetracked ….the red interior trim pieces.

I recently came across a thread where someone pulled the trim pieces off their Rubicon Wrangler and installed black leather trim pieces from a Gladiator. Looked spot on. I believe the leather trim pieces are $400 or more, so a bit rich for my blood (I’m stickin’ with the $10 spray paint 🤣), but maybe thought you’d be interested with your 392 and all. 😉

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
@Jjirish

My apologies, as I completely lost my train of thought for the original subject matter at hand and I became a tad sidetracked ….the red interior trim pieces.

I recently came across a thread where someone pulled the trim pieces off their Rubicon Wrangler and installed black leather trim pieces from a Gladiator. Looked spot on. I believe the leather trim pieces are $400 or more, so a bit rich for my blood (I’m stickin’ with the $10 spray paint 🤣), but maybe thought you’d be interested with your 392 and all. 😉
I like the sahara dash but im sticking to spray paint too!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I like the sahara dash but im sticking to spray paint too!
Will you be painting it yourself? Just curious if you’ve spray painted anything before? Especially when wanting to achieve that super wet glossy look?

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Will you be painting it yourself? Just curious if you’ve spray painted anything before? Especially when wanting to achieve that super wet glossy look?
I refinish furniture as a hobby and Im also very artsy... never tried to get a wet glossy look on anything tho. - i would have constant foot prints on the dash of it was glossy lol- this spray painting dash thing is a first for me. Im thinking prep, primer, thin coats. Im sealing with a matte finish. I just cant decide if I want black, or gold. And then I start thinking about making it a marbled movement finish of black, silver, bronze, and gold and I get overwhelmed!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I refinish furniture as a hobby and Im also very artsy... never tried to get a wet glossy look on anything tho. - i would have constant foot prints on the dash of it was glossy lol- this spray painting dash thing is a first for me. Im thinking prep, primer, thin coats. Im sealing with a matte finish. I just cant decide if I want black, or gold. And then I start thinking about making it a marbled movement finish of black, silver, bronze, and gold and I get overwhelmed!
:whew::lipssealed: 😎

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
🤯🤣
Sponsored