Sponsored

Jeep Dog pics

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Have to get an actual pic of our pooch in the Jeep, but just got this sticker for it :)

100_4055.JPG

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Finally rigged up a hardtop hoist and took the top off and took my pooch for a short ride around the neighborhood. She’s still a little scared riding in the Jeep, though she did good on a 1.5 hour ride on forest roads today (prior to the top being removed). It was so funny because I had to get out of the Jeep and show her that the back was open and then she was so happy she could be out in the open. I’ll probably install the soft top soon so we can easily go topless. I love to see her happy.

B5C9ADD6-B44E-46D7-8D0A-6CC6891EFA90.jpeg
47817EEC-BF0E-4589-8068-4327DEF08576.jpeg
86420E3F-5BAB-4390-962B-A7987AC7973D.jpeg
A8FD4901-9E9D-4C27-9B9F-39089DB0F0CC.jpeg

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
@IronScott

How well does your Dane fit in there with the top on? You do rear seats up or down? I had a grand Cherokee and mine fit pretty well in the trunk with the rear seats up.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Here's one with my pug at 6 weeks riding in my wifes JK.

Resized_20170615_074735.jpeg

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@IronScott

How well does your Dane fit in there with the top on? You do rear seats up or down? I had a grand Cherokee and mine fit pretty well in the trunk with the rear seats up.
Seats are down and she jumps in the back. She definitely can hit her head toward the front but she usually either has her head out the window or she lies down and looks out the windows. I’ve only had her in the seat being up one time. She was too afraid to jump in the seat, so I had to help her up. :facepalm: The door sill just isn’t very wide.

I haven’t tried with her in the trunk and seats up. It would probably hurt her feelings not being able to stick her head out. Lol.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Haha I know the pain. My guy won’t jump up into the truck of any car. He puts his front paws up and then I have to lift his back legs up and in. Can’t for the life of me get him to just climb in. He would do it when I used to have a step in the hitch receiver but without that he won’t do it. And forget about the back seat. He’s petrified to go there for some reason.

I used to leave the whole rear seat folded down for him but he likes being able to lie down and lean against them. He only likes sticking his head out for side streets not highway so usually I leave the 40 of the 60/40 down so he can come up and stick his head out and then he’ll lean against the other seat that’s up haha. They are such funny dogs.

But that’s the benefit of the wrangler, take that top off and it’s all a window! Yours ever try to hop out with the top off? Mines super protective when he’s in the car for some reason so I’ll definitely have to leash him in when that day comes.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
If you get a chance could you one day take a couple of pics with the rear seats not folded down and her in the trunk? Just trying to get an idea of how much space he’ll have or if it’s unfair haha.

My guys 140lbs last weigh in and about 6’3” when standing haha

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I know the pain. My guy won’t jump up into the truck of any car. He puts his front paws up and then I have to lift his back legs up and in. Can’t for the life of me get him to just climb in. He would do it when I used to have a step in the hitch receiver but without that he won’t do it. And forget about the back seat. He’s petrified to go there for some reason.

I used to leave the whole rear seat folded down for him but he likes being able to lie down and lean against them. He only likes sticking his head out for side streets not highway so usually I leave the 40 of the 60/40 down so he can come up and stick his head out and then he’ll lean against the other seat that’s up haha. They are such funny dogs.

But that’s the benefit of the wrangler, take that top off and it’s all a window! Yours ever try to hop out with the top off? Mines super protective when he’s in the car for some reason so I’ll definitely have to leash him in when that day comes.
Ha ha. Luckily mine is only a little over 100 pounds but she’s pretty tall for her weight. Still a pain to lift her in. I’ve only had the top off once and just took her down the street and back. She’s such a dork she didn’t realize the back was open until I got out and walked to the back. I think I may get safari straps for the very back for going completely topless. I don’t think she’d jump out because she’s too much of a chicken but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

I have a soft top as well and plan on running it a lot. The nice thing about folding it back is it adds an extra barrier around the tail end.

I’ll try to get some pics today of her in the back to give you an idea. I think I’ll try one side of the seat up and see how she does. She’s a leaner as well plus it might give her some more balance.

They are fun goofballs.
Sponsored