Jeep called!

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
I'm confused. Isn't the 3.6L BSG the eTorque engine?
Yes it is. Maybe the dealer means they are crediting the 1250 since he didn’t order it?
Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I'm confused. Isn't the 3.6L BSG the eTorque engine?
Back in 2017 there was this... I am sure it has changed since 2017.

It's classified as a mild-hybrid, and essentially acts as a small but kinda powerful electric motor to provide a little early-on torque and HP to the vehicle to make the ESS experience smoother, and sometimes to assist with things like turbo lag by biving the framework to add other features electric spin to the turbos to pre-charge them to reduce lag. However a BSG is essentially the lowest class of 'hybrid' as it's very low power/storage. Unlike people equating it to the Pacifica, that is a full HEV (technically PHEV), the BSG is a very mild boost to the system.

longbucks08

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Yes it is. Maybe the dealer means they are crediting the 1250 since he didn’t order it?
It was actually Jeep that called and not my dealer. I was quite confused about the difference between the BSG and the ESS engines she said were being swapped but apparently it was worth $1,250. I think there was only one 3.6L engine option available when I originally ordered in November.

DfromBama

First Name
Deonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
It was actually Jeep that called and not my dealer. I was quite confused about the difference between the BSG and the ESS engines she said were being swapped but apparently it was worth $1,250. I think there was only one 3.6L engine option available when I originally ordered in November.
Oh I’d be so pissed if I were you. I didn’t know it was a November order!!! That’s where they get in trouble building out of sequence. I understand the shortages and all that but I’d still be pissed!

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
So I just got a call from Jeep as well. I ordered a 3.6L Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude on 11/13. My build shield just showed up on crytostickers on 5/5. Anyway, Jeep called and told me that to "ensure my Jeep was built for MY 22, that they would be installing a 3.6L BSG engine instead of the 3.6L ESS engine. And that I would get $1,250 taken off the invoice."

So does this just mean I'm not getting the eTorque system? Anyone have any idea?
I also got this call today, any ideal about the difference of the two engines? Check your call, on my call she said it would be built with 3.6L ESS not the 3.6L BSG.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
So I just got a call from Jeep as well. I ordered a 3.6L Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude on 11/13. My build shield just showed up on crytostickers on 5/5. Anyway, Jeep called and told me that to "ensure my Jeep was built for MY 22, that they would be installing a 3.6L BSG engine instead of the 3.6L ESS engine. And that I would get $1,250 taken off the invoice."

So does this just mean I'm not getting the eTorque system? Anyone have any idea?
Here is a post about the difference in the engines!

8889FEDB-646E-48A3-BCF8-DC1039DF12A6.jpeg

longbucks08

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I also got this call today, any ideal about the difference of the two engines? Check your call, on my call she said it would be built with 3.6L ESS not the 3.6L BSG.
I might have mixed them up when she called because I was quite confused at the difference in the engines. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored