Jeep 392 Upgrades :)

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650, Jeep 392
Justin when you're talking about 3 connectors you are saying the ones connected directly to the body control module on the passenger kick panel
Good Day,

Yes, I am referring to body control module you speak of in the passenger kick panel. Keep in mind, once you disconnect the plugs they can be a little finicky getting back into place. They have a locking 'swing arm' that pulls the connector in tight [or releases it]. The can look like they are all the way in, but in reality they are not. I found out the hard way. I thought I had them all in correctly, the swing arm was closed, to later discover the Jeep would not start, no lights, nothing worked. I started thinking I blew a fuse or something, or there was a reset button I had to reset because I disconnected the battery. Nope. I simply did not get one of the plugs seated in all the way.

Advertisement

Benorozco

First Name
Benjamín
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 392
Good Day,

Yes, I am referring to body control module you speak of in the passenger kick panel. Keep in mind, once you disconnect the plugs they can be a little finicky getting back into place. They have a locking 'swing arm' that pulls the connector in tight [or releases it]. The can look like they are all the way in, but in reality they are not. I found out the hard way. I thought I had them all in correctly, the swing arm was closed, to later discover the Jeep would not start, no lights, nothing worked. I started thinking I blew a fuse or something, or there was a reset button I had to reset because I disconnected the battery. Nope. I simply did not get one of the plugs seated in all the way.

OutlawBeard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21
It's a 50% silver, so it's a bit more translucent, it let's more light pass through the film. A silver film works different than a charcoal/black. It reflects heat/light vs a black that absorbs the heat/light. A tinted windshield in silver greatly helps with oncoming headlight staring effects at night. Not to mention it looks pretty trick and people can't see in very easily. In all reality a car can stay cooler with a 50% silver vs a less translucent 20% black, it's just that silver film on the side windows isn't cosmetically appealing on most cars where a black film almost always looks great. Silver looks GREAT on the windshield though!!!
It looks great but where I'm at I think it would cause problems with the Law. I did my windshield at 70% so it looks pretty much stock but blocks the heat

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Thats what I was wondering about. I have 5% on all other windows and my front is untouched but the Wife always complains about the sun in front and thought about having a 5% sun strip but it wouldn't be low enough to please her. The A-holes around here drive with their brights on at night, so I guess with that thought will the 50% do any good for the sun that she complains about? SIDE NOTE: I dont really care about the ppl driving with brights thats why i put aftermarket LED and hit em with my brights *upgraded fog lights too but inverted them so they point up hehehe really blinding when I need to return the A-hole flavor 🤩
Hello Eracer,
A 50% silver on the windshield will ABSOLUTLY help with the sun, interior heat & blinding headlights!!! I do not have a sunstrip, nor do I need one. As a matter of fact I order windshields without the factory 'strip', this so I can tint the entire windshield silver and it doesn't look weird if it had the factory strip. Being a window tinter (many years ago) I can tell you that a metalized silver film is all around the best film for its physical properties, not to be confused with cosmetic appeal as black goes good on pretty much everything. Quite simply, a vehicle's glass that reflects light is cooler than one that absorbs it.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Benorozco, on the Amp module that gets put in the left kick panel there are 8 wires.

4 of those wire get connected to the BCM door ajar signals. Need to pay attention to your year/color codes.

Black goes to chassis stud
Red, purple/black and purple get crimped to the harness you pulled through the grommet.

Hope this helps

RELBUS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 21 JLUR 392
Thankyou i got them working
Your location jumped out at me....I'm just down the road in Homer Glen. In NL all the time. I'll keep an eye out for the other 392 in the area!

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got DUCKED on route 66!!!

First time, lol. And yes, I'm gonna pay it forward 🐥

I was at the Grand Canyon for a couple days and had to leave the Jeep parked an hour away in a parking lot in Williams Arizona.

I was a little nervous as on my first night I received notification that my alarm went off full trigger, the proximity sensor.

I was very relieved to discover it was someone placing a duck on the door handle.

Good Times, kind people.

20210702_082023.jpg

20210701_180148.jpg

20210701_180139.jpg

20210701_180445.jpg

20210701_201349.jpg

20210701_181326.jpg

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out Rock Slide Engineering https://rockslideengineering.com/product/step-slider-set-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-4dr/

Great looking ride, mine is on a rail car as we speak. What brand automatic rails did you use? Did you do the install? Boxs

Hello Boxes,
Yes I did the install.
When researching what to buy I didn't like how the rockslider rails deploy/retract, swinging out left and right.This why I got Amp Research 77132 Powerstep XL. They deploy/retract up and down. It just looks better watching these in motion.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Boxes,
Yes I did the install.
When researching what to buy I didn't like how the rockslider rails deploy/retract, swinging out left and right.This why I got Amp Research 77132 Powerstep XL. They deploy/retract up and down. It just looks better watching these in motion.
Yes they look good for sure :) but I would have destroyed Amp by now offroad. A little paint and mine are good as new!

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement