OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Justin when you're talking about 3 connectors you are saying the ones connected directly to the body control module on the passenger kick panel
Good Day,

Yes, I am referring to body control module you speak of in the passenger kick panel. Keep in mind, once you disconnect the plugs they can be a little finicky getting back into place. They have a locking 'swing arm' that pulls the connector in tight [or releases it]. They can look like they are all the way in, but in reality they are not. I found out the hard way. I thought I had them all in correctly, the swing arm was closed, to later discover the Jeep would not start, no lights, nothing worked. I started thinking I blew a fuse or something, or there was a reset button I had to reset because I disconnected the battery. Nope. I simply did not get one of the plugs seated in all the way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Benorozco

First Name
Benjamín
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 392
Good Day,

Yes, I am referring to body control module you speak of in the passenger kick panel. Keep in mind, once you disconnect the plugs they can be a little finicky getting back into place. They have a locking 'swing arm' that pulls the connector in tight [or releases it]. The can look like they are all the way in, but in reality they are not. I found out the hard way. I thought I had them all in correctly, the swing arm was closed, to later discover the Jeep would not start, no lights, nothing worked. I started thinking I blew a fuse or something, or there was a reset button I had to reset because I disconnected the battery. Nope. I simply did not get one of the plugs seated in all the way.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
It's a 50% silver, so it's a bit more translucent, it let's more light pass through the film. A silver film works different than a charcoal/black. It reflects heat/light vs a black that absorbs the heat/light. A tinted windshield in silver greatly helps with oncoming headlight staring effects at night. Not to mention it looks pretty trick and people can't see in very easily. In all reality a car can stay cooler with a 50% silver vs a less translucent 20% black, it's just that silver film on the side windows isn't cosmetically appealing on most cars where a black film almost always looks great. Silver looks GREAT on the windshield though!!!
It looks great but where I'm at I think it would cause problems with the Law. I did my windshield at 70% so it looks pretty much stock but blocks the heat

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Thats what I was wondering about. I have 5% on all other windows and my front is untouched but the Wife always complains about the sun in front and thought about having a 5% sun strip but it wouldn't be low enough to please her. The A-holes around here drive with their brights on at night, so I guess with that thought will the 50% do any good for the sun that she complains about? SIDE NOTE: I dont really care about the ppl driving with brights thats why i put aftermarket LED and hit em with my brights *upgraded fog lights too but inverted them so they point up hehehe really blinding when I need to return the A-hole flavor 🤩
Hello Eracer,
A 50% silver on the windshield will ABSOLUTLY help with the sun, interior heat & blinding headlights!!! I do not have a sunstrip, nor do I need one. As a matter of fact I order windshields without the factory 'strip', this so I can tint the entire windshield silver and it doesn't look weird if it had the factory strip. Being a window tinter (many years ago) I can tell you that a metalized silver film is all around the best film for its physical properties, not to be confused with cosmetic appeal as black goes good on pretty much everything. Quite simply, a vehicle's glass that reflects light is cooler than one that absorbs it.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Benorozco, on the Amp module that gets put in the left kick panel there are 8 wires.

4 of those wire get connected to the BCM door ajar signals. Need to pay attention to your year/color codes.

Black goes to chassis stud
Red, purple/black and purple get crimped to the harness you pulled through the grommet.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got DUCKED on route 66!!!

First time, lol. And yes, I'm gonna pay it forward 🐥

I was at the Grand Canyon for a couple days and had to leave the Jeep parked an hour away in a parking lot in Williams Arizona.

I was a little nervous as on my first night I received notification that my alarm went off full trigger, the proximity sensor.

I was very relieved to discover it was someone placing a duck on the door handle.

Good Times, kind people.

20210702_082023.jpg

20210701_180148.jpg

20210701_180139.jpg

20210701_180445.jpg

20210701_201349.jpg

20210701_181326.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out Rock Slide Engineering https://rockslideengineering.com/product/step-slider-set-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-4dr/

Great looking ride, mine is on a rail car as we speak. What brand automatic rails did you use? Did you do the install? Boxs

Hello Boxes,
Yes I did the install.
When researching what to buy I didn't like how the rockslider rails deploy/retract, swinging out left and right.This why I got Amp Research 77132 Powerstep XL. They deploy/retract up and down. It just looks better watching these in motion.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Boxes,
Yes I did the install.
When researching what to buy I didn't like how the rockslider rails deploy/retract, swinging out left and right.This why I got Amp Research 77132 Powerstep XL. They deploy/retract up and down. It just looks better watching these in motion.
Yes they look good for sure :) but I would have destroyed Amp by now offroad. A little paint and mine are good as new!

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Excellent Investment, the TAZER Mini!!!

As I have slightly oversized tires (from stock 33 to 35") this the primary reason I purchased a Tazer Mini. I'm sure some of you have heard of this device, but if not... This device 'reprograms' the vehicle's speedometer and shift points when plugged into the Security Gateway Module (SGW) located just above/behind the OBD port.

As an example... Prior the Tazer Mini install while having my oversized tires on, when the speedo says I'm going 80 mph in reality I was doing ~ 88mph. However, this little gadget does much much more. (From their website [Zautomotive] I'll copy/paste some of the other functions below.)

But real quick.. it does have a function to disable the front wheel drive, or rather, have only rear wheel drive on, so, I had to try it. On a back street at a dead stop I romped on the gas and Holy $hit!!! I started to roast my tires as the 392's ass end dropped! Now I only did that just once to witness a Wrangler actually doing a burnout, and a hell of a burn out it was!

With that, I would not recommend leaving that setting on. Maybe give it a quick whirl to witness the same as I, a Wrangler roasting the tires, LOL. I can only imagine doing that frequently would ultimately snap something in the rear end - it's simply too much torque. For race, the 392 launches much quicker in 4 Auto, but it's still pretty cool to see.

----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_tzr_jlm/#camera-kit

WORKS ON ALL VARIANTS OF THE JEEP WRANGLER AND GLADIATOR
Tazer JL Mini is to be an essential tool for owners of the 2018+ Wrangler JL and Jeep Gladiator. All engine and transmission variations supported, including export models.

Simple, plug-in installation – simply unplug the SGW module and plug the Tazer JL Mini in its place. Located above the OBD2 Diagnostic connector. To make it easier for removal and reinstallation for dealer visits, add on our SGW Extension Cable.

Features are all accessed using the dash display, using steering wheel buttons to navigate the menus.

Tazer JL Mini features can be broken into two categories;

Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the Jeep like tire size, gear ratios,
or change settings to accommodate other upgrades or modifications. These
changes will continue to operate after the Tazer JL Mini is unplugged.

Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer JL Mini performs live, only while
plugged in.

Vehicle Settings:
– Change Tire Size
– Change Gear Ratio
– Change Transfer case LOW ratio
– Enable/Disable TPMS system
– Change TPMS pressure warning limit front/rear (25psi-85psi)
– Enable/Disable Backup camera
– Enable/Disable Cargo Camera input (8.4 Uconnect only)*
– Enable/Disable CD (wired audio) input*
– Enable/Disable TravelLink/XM traffic&weather
– Change Daytime Running Lights (DRL) region (type)
– Change DRL location
– Enable/Disable DRL Dropout function
– Enable/Disable factory fog lights
– Enable/Disable Fog Light Dropout (when Fogs shut off while High Beams are on)
– Enable/Disable Factory Halo lights (including BCM output for adding Halo’s)
– Enable/Disable One-touch lane change
– Change Headlight type (std/LED)
– Change Fog light type (std/LED)
– Change Taillight type (std/LED)
– Change Front Turn Signal type (std/LED) – supports aftermarket LED lights too
– Enable/Disable Trailer Tow setting
– Enable/Disable Aux Button settings
– Enable/Disable Blind Spot detection (if hardware added or removed)
– Enable/Disable/Change Parksense configuration
– Disable Electronic Sway Bar (if removed from vehicle)
– Disable Front Axle Disconnect module for axle swaps
– Disable Front and Rear Lockers for axle swaps
– Disable Electronic Steering Pump for hydraulic steering conversions
– Change cluster splash screen Wrangler/Sahara/Rubicon
– Change HVAC controls setting to allow use of dual zone controls on single zone Jeep (for those upgrading the 5″ radio)

-Enable HomeLink for those that add the Homelink Visor and harness

-Enable Proximity Entry for those that add the door handles and harnesses

-Enable 115v bed outlet for those that add the hardware on Gladiators

-Enable Automatic Headlamps (If hardware added)
– Enable/Disable PANIC button on remote
– One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to
stock.

Live Functions:
– AutoStopStart disable – remembers last state of the auto stop start system and will set it for
you the next time you start the vehicle
– AutoTracKill – remembers last state of traction control system and will set it for you the next
time you start the vehicle
– Can disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph (any speed if button mapped SwayKill is used)
– Can use backup camera and added cargo/front/undercarriage camera or media player at
any speed
– TurnCAM – automatic backup camera when turn signals are used (8.4 uconnect only)
– Dark Mode- Turns off all exterior lighting and dash/radio/shifter lights while parked with
engine running.

-3rd Brake Flash – Set rate and number of flashes to pulse the 3rd brake light when brakes are applied for increased visibility
– Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior
lights, perfect for car shows/first responders/off-road visibility. Control from Key Fob or
steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal
police/EMS.
– Axle Locker control (Rubicon) – Engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand.– TC Kill – Tuns off traction control, stability control and ABS.
– Hood Alarm – When the vehicle theft alarm is armed, monitors hood activity and will sound
the alarm and flash light shows if opened.
– Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running
– Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
– Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle
still, especially helpful when off-road.
– Winch Mode: Raise idle to 2000 RPM with a simple button press.
– Button Mapping: Use cruise up, down and right buttons as quick-access to some of Tazer
JL’s functions, when cruise control is off.
– Display DTC’s – Shows the diagnostic codes that’s making the check engine light come on.
– Clear CELs – Reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the
light and you know exactly why.
– 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display

-Automatically blanks license plate lights when in Reverse on Gladiators, to remove glare on the backup camera at night.

-Vacuum/Boost gauge – Watch real-time Manifold Pressure, great for boosted/turbo applications
– Firmware updates – the new firmware is available periodically, always free!

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_tzr_jlm/#camera-kit

tazer-jl-mini-new-product-image (1).png

z-automotive-tazer-jl-mini-programmer-18-up-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-tabletop-contents.jpg

z-automotive-tazer-jl-mini-programmer-18-up-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-tabletop-backside.jpg

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed a rear cargo deck. The primary reason is to detour thieving hands when the soft top is 'off' (or on for that matter). I have a nice 12" sub and amp back there, and although I have a high-tech security system with a proximity sensor, that is not enough to keep someone from grabbing the sub box and take off running. The cargo deck would slow 'em down a bit I'd hope, at least giving me enough time to react as the FOB on my keychain starts freaking out. I have also found it nice to set stuff on as I dink around the vehicle, primarily my beer ;).

The only downfall is the inability to completely lower the soft top. Now if I did some custom work I could make that happen, maybe down the road.

20210810_070850.jpg

20210810_070902.jpg

20210810_070914.jpg

20210810_070923.jpg

OP
OP
JustinB

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HOOD LIFTS! A nice little add-on. From Redline Tuning I installed gas spring hood lifts. Redline Tuning makes these lifts for Wranglers but also for the more specific 392 as the hood is a bit heavier having the HydroGuide. I did a little video to see them in action; however, I'm unable to upload the video, wrong format I guess [mp4], or, this site does not allow for short videos.?.

This raises the hood about 3 inches higher than when using the rod/prop. About a 30 minute install.
Redline Part Number 21-20007-02

There is a little mod that has to be done on one of the factory brackets under the hood, with a Dremel I cut a little section off the edge of a black bracket that's attached/bolted to the right fender [see the silver bolt] to allow for clearance. Not a big deal, you're not cutting into anything expensive. You can kind of see the cut on the bracket [bare metal]. The bracket is in front of the battery, in front of the in-line fuse for the sub/amp.

The hood opens up nice and smooth. I actually appreciate this little add on much more than I thought I would.

20210803_184149.jpg

20210803_185157.jpg

20210803_185437_1_Moment.jpg

Capture.JPG

lift 1.jpg

lift 2.jpg
Sponsored