Sponsored

Issues getting 4-digit unlock code from dealership

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out my 7" radio for an 8.4" that I purchased from another forum member.

In an attempt to sell my 7" radio I requested the 4 digit unlock code from the dealership. After they completely ghosted me for 6 weeks while supposedly getting it for me, I called them back and they told me that Jeep has put a hold on them getting these codes and he gave me an 800 number to call Jeep. Knowing full well if I call that number I'll wait on the phone for 2 hours just for them to tell me to call the dealer I'll decline that option.

Has anyone else had issues getting the 4 digit code from the dealer or are they blowing smoke?
Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I had a guy on here that works for Jeep help me out after the same frustration with the dealership. He got back to me in less than hour with the code. I’ll try to find him for you.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
That would be awesome. Otherwise this radio is a paper weight..

Gunsmith

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR Recon, 2000 BMW R1000RT
Occupation
Mostly retired gunsmith
I posted the same issue on here in October. My dealership refused to give me the code unless I provided the VIN of the vehicle that the radio is going into. I still need the code so that I can sell my 7" radio.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
My old dealership did them for me no problem the new one I work at would probably do them as well however not having this convenience your best option here might be one of the eBay services I’ve never tried them myself but I would look for one with a decent rating they usually run about 30 bucks it’s a small gamble definitely worth it to save the radio

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I had my 8.4 radio in hand and my dealer looked it up and printed the code for me. 'In and out in 10 minutes.
Sponsored