Issues compilation (with references)

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
That video where they are supposedly showing clearance with 33” tires... all you need to do is look at ANY of the pictures on this forum of delivered Rubicons to know that is not accurate. Don’t believe everything you see, hear, and read on the internet and you will have a lot less stress in your life. One YouTube video does not necessarily confirm or verify your anything.
Exactly theres a lot of people on the internet putting 35s on np problem
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Exactly theres a lot of people on the internet putting 35s on np problem
The video shows when the 33s are fully articulated. There's a video showing 40s on a stock JKU and offroading but again, range of movement is limited.

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Some might say these are features but some are definite issues but either way, it's good to have a compilation of these to show anyone who refuses to accept these (e.g. dealers, etc.) and to give FCA some feedback to improve future Wranglers.

Please reply to this thread with verified/verifiable issues such as the ones below:

Reported Jan 17, 2018: 33" wheels barely fitting on JLU Rubicon with highline fenders (at maximum articulation) but Jeep has said 35" is possible with no lifts: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ithout-a-lift-this-video-says-otherwise.3031/
Related video:

Reported Jan 20, 2018: Mixed-finish fenders in delivered JLU: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-does-this-get-through-quality-control.3041/

Photo credits (from original thread): warc1
img_0015-jpg.jpg

img_0017-jpg.jpg

Odd feature (not quite a defect) reported Jan 14, 2018: "Auto Park making things interesting": https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/autopark-making-things-interesting.2928/

Let's compile a list of verified/verifiable issues here for future reference...
Ok so this is my first issue and was just wondering if anyone has seen it yet. My Uconnect infotainment system goes crazy sometimes. It will bounce between radio, Sirius and Car play. I took it to the dealer thinking it may need a firmware update. My dealer does not have the software yet and created a Star case on it with Mopar. I’m taking it back in tomorrow for them to troubleshoot it more. It’s is intermediate and acts like it maybe a connector that has come loose. I tried to upload a video of it acting up but this site won’t take a mov file from my iPad.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Ok so this is my first issue and was just wondering if anyone has seen it yet. My Uconnect infotainment system goes crazy sometimes. It will bounce between radio, Sirius and Car play. I took it to the dealer thinking it may need a firmware update. My dealer does not have the software yet and created a Star case on it with Mopar. I’m taking it back in tomorrow for them to troubleshoot it more. It’s is intermediate and acts like it maybe a connector that has come loose. I tried to upload a video of it acting up but this site won’t take a mov file from my iPad.
Ugh. Sorry to see that. Keep us updated with the progress:)

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Thanks for sharing. Have you tried uploading to YouTube? Might be easier. Good luck and please keep us updated on the solution.

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thanks for sharing. Have you tried uploading to YouTube? Might be easier. Good luck and please keep us updated on the solution.
Day three not driving my JL...and driving a Mustang convertible the dealership rented me. Just talked to the tech who has been on the phone with engineers at corporate. They think it may be a software issue that they will issue an update nationwide to fix. I have heard one other person who has seen the exact same thing on his. I also asked the tech about off-road pages and he said they were aware of that issue also.
I will work on getting the video posted to YouTube.

1B347098-A4B1-4337-981E-60A075498424.jpeg

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
but keep us posted on your progress.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Okay, so here's the first (so far, and hopefully only) issue I've had with the UConnect unit in my JL.

When I jumped to the equalizer settings to tweak the audio, the sound immediately jumped in volume with incredible distortion, as if all the tunable settings and the volume had been set to maximum. This happened immediately when I went to the equalizer settings screen without touching anything on the screen (no adjustments were made). I tried changing audio sources, removing all auxiliary devices, adjusting the equalizer and fade, and resetting the unit, but nothing changed. Despite the various audio sources being screwed up, the touch response beeps sounded normal.

I ended up pulling the fuses to the amplifier and the USB ports (F11 & F12) and that managed to fix the problem. I was able to go back to the equalizer settings screen, adjust the bass, mid, and treble as desired, and haven't had any issues since.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Day three not driving my JL...and driving a Mustang convertible the dealership rented me. Just talked to the tech who has been on the phone with engineers at corporate. They think it may be a software issue that they will issue an update nationwide to fix. I have heard one other person who has seen the exact same thing on his. I also asked the tech about off-road pages and he said they were aware of that issue also.
I will work on getting the video posted to YouTube.

1B347098-A4B1-4337-981E-60A075498424.jpeg

Day 5 and got my jeep back tonight. Corporate has given approval to ship me a new infotainment system. It should take about 10 days. Hopefully it is just a unique problem with mine. I have attached the YouTube video of what it was doing in case anyone has something similar happen with theirs.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
The real problem with a thread is it'll be 50 pages long within a couple of months, most of it unhelpful, and no one will ever be able to find the real issues/resolutions buried inside.
Absolutely right because so many people hijack different threads and post pointless replys and question.

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR

Day 5 and got my jeep back tonight. Corporate has given approval to ship me a new infotainment system. It should take about 10 days. Hopefully it is just a unique problem with mine. I have attached the YouTube video of what it was doing in case anyone has something similar happen with theirs.

I had an Android phone that acted like that one time. The tech said the screen sensitivity was too high and needed to be calibrated. Worked fine after that. I'd guess it won't be long before someone figures out to get into the service menu to allow us to tweak stuff.

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl

My jlu just keeps cycling off and on, with only 80 miles on it when it started
Sponsored