First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Not sure if this is the correct Thread, but on vacation in Arizona and stopped yesterday at Larry Miller Jeep in Surprise; found this JL on back lot. Dealer won't discuss (been at this dealer before and always found them to be less than helpful):

IMG_5799.JPG
IMG_5802.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is the correct Thread, but on vacation in Arizona and stopped at Larry Miller Jeep in Surprise; found this JL on back lot. Dealer won't discuss (been at this dealer before and always found them to be less than helpful):

IMG_5799.JPG
IMG_5802.JPG
:movember: I had a feeling they were screwing something up with all these delays...transmission issues, LED delays, Premium Soft Top delays, weld issues found, and several Jeeps failing in inspection.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Glad I waited. Luckily I'm patient and can wait for them to work out the kinks.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Not sure if this is the correct Thread, but on vacation in Arizona and stopped yesterday at Larry Miller Jeep in Surprise; found this JL on back lot. Dealer won't discuss (been at this dealer before and always found them to be less than helpful):

IMG_5799.JPG
IMG_5802.JPG
Are you able to read the vin off the original pic?

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Are you able to read the vin off the original pic?
Looks like
1C4HJXDG3JW134001

But that's me looking from 15 feet! LOL

Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
And, BTW, for those of you back home under that Winter Weather Advisory and 10" of snow, I want you to know that I share your pain as it barely got to 87 here yesterday. Tough decision, but I went with the shorts and the polo shirt.

Sure wish I had my TJ here...

IMG_0635.JPG

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
When you run the vin thru mopars recall site , its says there are no safety recalls?

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Lol I didn't know they put them on the inspection stickers out there I was trying to read it off the window sticker
I'd sure be courious to know what "recall" is all about. I haven't heard of any JL's actually being recalled by FCA, just the various issues with the vehicle.

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I'd sure be courious to know what "recall" is all about. I haven't heard of any JL's actually being recalled by FCA, just the various issues with the vehicle.
Maybe the couldn't get it started for some reason, or it was damaged being unloaded and the dealer is just sending it back.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Maybe the couldn't get it started for some reason, or it was damaged being unloaded and the dealer is just sending it back.
What troubles me the most is the use of the word, "recall." First, it could be just the dealer putting that on there for a vehicle that is not in "saleable condition" for some reason, such as you suggest, "damaged in transit," or even awaiting a part to correct some sort of problem. Since "recall" has some very technical and legal implications, and I believe the Feds have to be notified, the dealer may be using it without fully understanding it, even if the vehicle is going back to Toledo. FCA probably doesn't want that word used because it has some negative PR ramifications, as well. If it is a "safety recall," that takes it to a whole new level because this particular JL is unlikely to be the only one with such an issue and there would likely have to be some sort of public notice. That's not to say that FCA may have just found some issue and wants to quietly correct it, but one would have thought that would have leaked out by now. And there is certainly a huge difference between fixing a vehicle at the dealership versus sending it back to the plant. The latter suggests a considerably more serious matter that a dealer can't resolve or FCA doesn't want the dealer resolving.

Will be interesting to see down the road if this crops up anywhere else, or this is just some sort of anomaly unique to this JL vehicle or the dealer just did this for some odd reason and it means little or nothing.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
What troubles me the most is the use of the word, "recall." First, it could be just the dealer putting that on there for a vehicle that is not in "saleable condition" for some reason, such as you suggest, "damaged in transit," or even awaiting a part to correct some sort of problem. Since "recall" has some very technical and legal implications, and I believe the Feds have to be notified, the dealer may be using it without fully understanding it, even if the vehicle is going back to Toledo. FCA probably doesn't want that word used because it has some negative PR ramifications, as well. If it is a "safety recall," that takes it to a whole new level because this particular JL is unlikely to be the only one with such an issue and there would likely have to be some sort of public notice. That's not to say that FCA may have just found some issue and wants to quietly correct it, but one would have thought that would have leaked out by now. And there is certainly a huge difference between fixing a vehicle at the dealership versus sending it back to the plant. The latter suggests a considerably more serious matter that a dealer can't resolve or FCA doesn't want the dealer resolving.

Will be interesting to see down the road if this crops up anywhere else, or this is just some sort of anomaly unique to this JL vehicle or the dealer just did this for some odd reason and it means little or nothing.
I agree dealer is probably not using recall correctly. like I said I ran the vin no recall showed. I don't know how dealers usually handle a situation when they get a damaged/broken vehicle. I do know they start paying financing the minute the vehicle hits their lot. if I was a dealer I would want to get that vehicle off my sheet right away, so I would just want to send it back . instead of waiting for parts.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
I agree dealer is probably not using recall correctly. like I said I ran the vin no recall showed. I don't know how dealers usually handle a situation when they get a damaged/broken vehicle. I do know they start paying financing the minute the vehicle hits their lot. if I was a dealer I would want to get that vehicle off my sheet right away, so I would just want to send it back . instead of waiting for parts.
And in walking around the vehicle there was no visible damage, although that's not to say there isn't something that happen to it either in transit or at the time of delivery with the frame or other (could be something as simple as the delivery driver trying to back it off while it was still tied down). Since every Jeep is started at the end of the assembly line and driven to its lot spot, anything "major" would certainly seemed to have been noticed then and the vehicle taken out of service to fix or "recycle." I don't recall if the vehicle looked like it had been prepped or not. And the placement of the window sticker is odd; seldom is it ever slapped in the driver side windshield. Perhaps done by the dealer to get a point across not to move or drive the vehicle.

Odd, but with the various issues surfacing on the forum, not to say something isn't brewing on one of these issues that is bigger than we know. Won't speculate, but will wait to see what others have to say.

ScottyB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Our Rubicon JL has been in shipping process for the past 3 weeks (it's been on order since 2/12). It has all the packages except body color top/fenders. Over the 10 days or so of checking in with Jeep Chat, progress has been devolving. The ETA changed from April 2 to April 9 to April 12. Starting this past week, we have no ETA at all anymore, so contacted our dealer (Earnhardt in Gilbert AZ) and received the following info this morning:

They cleared the current ETA because a recall had come up and every vehicle that fell under that recall that was in the assembly line or being shipped out needed to get it repaired before going to the dealerships. They are in the process of fixing every vehicle affected by the recall and we will keep checking on it, it's affecting a handful of our inventory units as well.

ETA: There is no recall associated with the VIN on NHTSA
Sponsored