Is my baby totaled?

Thexr6

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2007 JK Rubi, 2021WL overland
Hi, all. I’m riding a 2021 JL Wrangler Sort with a 2” aftermarket lift and 35” tires. Hit a small deer on the highway a few days ago going about 70-75 mph. It must have jumped the median because one second there was nothing, the next it was dead in front of me. I hit it full force and rolled over it.

Lost control of the Jeep and slammed into the median (I was riding in the left lane next to the wall at the time of impact). Regained enough control to get to the shoulder. When I put it back in drive, I needed to hold the wheel a half turn to the right to drive straight. Drove a few miles to safety and got it towed.

As you can see from the pics, the tires are shifted to the right and there is a major crease in…. Well I’m not exactly sure what that is. Other than that, with my untrained eye, I can’t see any other glaring issues.

Getting it towed to a body shop today. Based on the pics, will I no longer be a Jeep owner? Just want to know what to expect. Any advice is appreciated.
IMG_2223.jpeg
I’m no expert, but your license plate is trashed.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Uppers, lowers, track bars, and alignment. Check for bent rims on the impact side too. Jack it up and spin the wheels to see if they’re wonky. And replace those taillights.

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Ha - can’t have the other deer I.D. Me when I’m slaughtering their kin.
Good time to get the Mopar lift control arms, which are significantly cheaper than stock.
I have a pair of stock arms I'd give you for free if you want to pay shipping.

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
With the bent LCA chances are that the LCA mount on the axle bent as well. Getting that back to exactly where it needs to be might prove a problem and warrant a new axle. Likely has a bent shock on that side as well but insist that BOTH get replaced.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jlu willys anvil
Occupation
stationary engineer
i have almost the same issue you have , on the way home from work , some young kid was not paying attention , got onto the parkway cut from entrance ramp right into the left lane without looking , smacked into me , sent me into a cherokee that jumped over the center median onto the other side hes ok,
me i ping ponged back to the right side shoulder and ran up the wall , hit hard. real hard

not body damage . underside looked just like yours - both axles shifted, bent everything along with it.
insurance said they looked at the right side only everything underneath was bent, front and rear!
a huge chunk of rim was missing and im sure more then they wanted to tell me lol
so if the right side was damaged from the shifting , the left side will also be bent .

axles alone was alot of cash to fix - nevermind the rest of the parts needed to even try to get it back to where it was . it will never be normal after that mess

they totaled it monday !! done :( thursday i get a 2024 willy 4xe

good luck with your rig - it wont be the same

OP
OP

Ogdenson

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
i have almost the same issue you have , on the way home from work , some young kid was not paying attention , got onto the parkway cut from entrance ramp right into the left lane without looking , smacked into me , sent me into a cherokee that jumped over the center median onto the other side hes ok,
me i ping ponged back to the right side shoulder and ran up the wall , hit hard. real hard

not body damage . underside looked just like yours - both axles shifted, bent everything along with it.
insurance said they looked at the right side only everything underneath was bent, front and rear!
a huge chunk of rim was missing and im sure more then they wanted to tell me lol
so if the right side was damaged from the shifting , the left side will also be bent .

axles alone was alot of cash to fix - nevermind the rest of the parts needed to even try to get it back to where it was . it will never be normal after that mess

they totaled it monday !! done :( thursday i get a 2024 willy 4xe

good luck with your rig - it wont be the same
Sorry to hear that even though it seems like you traded up! The axles are my concern too - I imagine replacing both would be than insurance would cover.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jlu willys anvil
Occupation
stationary engineer
Sorry to hear that even though it seems like you traded up! The axles are my concern too - I imagine replacing both would be than insurance would cover.
They didn’t cover mine was not worth it to them I guess and all the other damage. That’s just crazy
Sponsored