Sponsored

Is Anyone Using a Rollbar Sunscreen/cargo net For Storage?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I need a spot to put raincoats, jackets, whatever that is out of the way and not taking up valuable space when not needed.

I was thinking of a cargo net of sorts but maybe a sunscreen would work too. It would have to have enough space on the edges to allow putting in the garment and taking it out.

Anybody else using this method?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I need a spot to put raincoats, jackets, whatever that is out of the way and not taking up valuable space when not needed.

I was thinking of a cargo net of sorts but maybe a sunscreen would work too. It would have to have enough space on the edges to allow putting in the garment and taking it out.

Anybody else using this method?
Like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Is Anyone Using a Rollbar Sunscreen/cargo net For Storage? 1612366594081

https://www.amazon.com/MDSTOP-Inter...ocphy=9004233&hvtargid=pla-915692281561&psc=1

or this:

https://www.harborfreight.com/full-size-pickup-cargo-net-36598.html

I particularly find the first useful not for my fishing, but field and track interests: ;)

You just never know when there is going to be a javelin competition or pole jumping emergency in which my gear will save lives. (NOT!)

~~~
Seriously: sure, why not? :)

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I use the one from Blue Ridge https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/collections/vehicle-attics for the JLUR. Works well, made in the USA, and lifetime warranty. Pricey = yes, works = yes, happy = yes.

I will say that some gear makes it droop, but a quick tug to tighten as well as the additional paracord keep things in place. Also, puffy jackets or slippery stuff may slide out so soft gear only (on or off road). I have hung items as well from the paracord to secure need to nab items such as rain jacket etc. Comes in handy when road tripping, and passenger use too.

Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I have the JTops titanium mesh sunscreen that I have put stuff on more than one occasion. It's really secure and although not designed to hold stuff it certainly can. Sorry I don't have pics of anything stuffed up there.

OP
OP

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
They look higher quality for sure. I didnt see any rear only options?? I ended up with another product and I already forgot the name. lol It's the much loathed by JTop bungee cord type. ;)

Back to jtop, looks like it would be tuff to get your stuff out and in with their setup, yet your doing it so guess not??

OP
OP

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
They look higher quality for sure. I didnt see any rear only options?? I ended up with another product and I already forgot the name. lol It's the much loathed by JTop bungee cord type. ;)

Back to jtop, looks like it would be tuff to get your stuff out and in with their setup, yet your doing it so guess not??
quoting myself to add I now also hate the bungee cords. I ordered the Alien top for just the rear and started the install with a mishap on the second bungee. The thing slipped under tension, swung around and cracked my hard top. Not a happy camper and now need figure out how to repair it or risk it getting bigger over time. ARGH!

The product looks well put together and appears to work for what I want to do with it. I temporarily used tie wraps until I figure out a better solution. The bungee cords are just stupid.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I orderd the Amazon mesh , be aware the actual size (opening it will cover) is 17"x 41", NOT 19" x "61" ; the latter size includes the strap length. I installed it in the rear section of my 2Dr JL ; to prevent sag, I used 2 Footman Loops to secure the webbing to the underside of the hard top. Self tapping screws into the hollow structural "backbone" . This is for lightweight items only for me, jackets,rain gear, etc. I will probably get another one to span the area above the tailgate, when topless with Dogs secured in the back.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I would like one over the rear section only not the middle section. I use the middle section to get dressed in, so I don't want anything there in the middle.

Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
quoting myself to add I now also hate the bungee cords. I ordered the Alien top for just the rear and started the install with a mishap on the second bungee. The thing slipped under tension, swung around and cracked my hard top. Not a happy camper and now need figure out how to repair it or risk it getting bigger over time. ARGH!

The product looks well put together and appears to work for what I want to do with it. I temporarily used tie wraps until I figure out a better solution. The bungee cords are just stupid.
Sorry to hear about the crack, that really sucks! I've used the Alien Sunshade in two jeeps now, and its been a champ for storing things on top of the rear shade. I usually have the rear one on year round, and only attach the front 'as needed'. The shade is tighter than an actual attic, so you don't have as much space for storage, but it works well for blankets, pillows, etc. Bonus space for those with soft tops since there's more room in between the shade and the twill (even without items pressing upward on the top and bulging).

One issue I'm going to run into though, the front Alien clips didn't survive from the old Jeep. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to anchor the fronts when it goes back on in the summer.

OP
OP

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Sorry to hear about the crack, that really sucks! I've used the Alien Sunshade in two jeeps now, and its been a champ for storing things on top of the rear shade. I usually have the rear one on year round, and only attach the front 'as needed'. The shade is tighter than an actual attic, so you don't have as much space for storage, but it works well for blankets, pillows, etc. Bonus space for those with soft tops since there's more room in between the shade and the twill (even without items pressing upward on the top and bulging).

One issue I'm going to run into though, the front Alien clips didn't survive from the old Jeep. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to anchor the fronts when it goes back on in the summer.
Yeah, it looks like a nice fit to work as an attic. Waiting on some tie downs that I'm hoping will be a better solution than those crazy bungee's. THis weather has slowed down a lot of my purchases.