Sponsored

Introducing Inspired Engineering JL Headlight kits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Received mine today.

Do you have a link to the Optional DRL supplemental Manual?
We have an install manual posted here. At the end of page 4 we have info for the DRL wiring.

We are still modifying it as we learn more about JLs and we have more and more come in for installs. Its not uncommon for us to see variations between similar Jeeps.

For the blinker option, use the supplied green wire and tap into the white/green wire on the left side, and white/blue green on the right side.

For the "DRL" option use the red wire and tap into the white/ brown wire on the left side, and white/ orange green wire on the right side, to turn on with the parking lights. To turn on whenever the Jeep is on you can use a fuse tap in the fuse box as explained in the manual.

We haven't updated the manual yet, as we have only done this on 3 Jeeps in the shop, and we want to confirm on a larger sample space before publishing. This info is just what we have found so far, so confirm on your own prior to tapping the wire.
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
We have an install manual posted here. At the end of page 4 we have info for the DRL wiring.

We are still modifying it as we learn more about JLs and we have more and more come in for installs. Its not uncommon for us to see variations between similar Jeeps.

For the blinker option, use the supplied green wire and tap into the white/green wire on the left side, and white/blue green on the right side.

For the "DRL" option use the red wire and tap into the white/ brown wire on the left side, and white/ orange green wire on the right side, to turn on with the parking lights. To turn on whenever the Jeep is on you can use a fuse tap in the fuse box as explained in the manual.

We haven't updated the manual yet, as we have only done this on 3 Jeeps in the shop, and we want to confirm on a larger sample space before publishing. This info is just what we have found so far, so confirm on your own prior to tapping the wire.

Thank you, apparently when I printed it out, my printer cut off that ending page, so I didn't see it.

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, apparently when I printed it out, my printer cut off that ending page, so I didn't see it.
You're welcome, if I can help with anything else, please let me know

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are running a special this week! Purchase a set of headlights for the JL and get a free fog light kit of your choice. No discount code is needed, it is applied at checkout automatically. Ends Sunday 12/16/18

9617363C-8146-4F29-980E-D3DAA986FE46.png

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
You're welcome, if I can help with anything else, please let me know

I do have another question.

I got the lights installed, took 25 mins BTW (not including putting the grill back on). I also got the Halo Fog Lights, which came with Blue and Yellow Leads, which I presume are like the Green and Red for the Headlights. Can you tell me which is the amber source and which is the white source?

Also, from the way I read the instructions on the Headlights, if I want Amber DRL Halos, I only need to hook the Green Line up and nothing to the red?

I didn't have time to get the marker light out, so those hookups will be this weekend project.

Sponsored

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have another question.

I got the lights installed, took 25 mins BTW (not including putting the grill back on). I also got the Halo Fog Lights, which came with Blue and Yellow Leads, which I presume are like the Green and Red for the Headlights. Can you tell me which is the amber source and which is the white source?

Also, from the way I read the instructions on the Headlights, if I want Amber DRL Halos, I only need to hook the Green Line up and nothing to the red?

I didn't have time to get the marker light out, so those hookups will be this weekend project.
Hey Timm I just responded to your email, but ill respond here as well.

Congrats on the Install! For the fog lights the yellow wire is the power source for the amber halo, and for the headlights it is the green wire.

Yes if you want the DRL to be amber the whole time, only connect the green wire to a power source of your choice that I posted about last time.

We are here to help, so any questions, just let me know.

zeropilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara

This helped a lot. Tough to get my big hands between the fender and the liner but I managed. I have to wait a few more hours to adjust them and put a new grille on. will post pics then.

zeropilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Done and Done

863D400B-321C-425B-8AB4-308CC98CDCA6.jpg

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In stock and shipping the same day guys!

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomorrow is the last day for the Free fog light promo. All orders have been shipped, and new orders ship in 24-48 hours.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Done and Done

863D400B-321C-425B-8AB4-308CC98CDCA6.jpg
@zeropilot ,

Looks good. Did you set up the halo as DRL?

Any suggestions from your install? Did your kit come w the “blue clips” mentioned in the manual?

Thx.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.