Interior-mounted light bar now available

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
While I do not have the same strong feelings like UKCats, I wonder if it puts out enough useful light - especially for the cost.

I sit lower so I am not sure if I will lose much forward vision. I do like the simplistic/minimalist look of it on the inside,
My concern as well. 10k lumens seems on the low end for what is nearly a full width light bar. A 10" rigid e-series can put out nearly twice that amount.
Sponsored

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Quadratec just came out with an interior-mounted light bar. Apparently it mounts against the windshield and gaskets keep the light outside with no glare inside. Looks great, but too rich for me at $700! (Quadratec, if you're listening, I'd LOVE to give you a great and honest review if you want to send one out to me!)

quadratec-97109.1400-stealth-interior-windshield-light-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl-zoom-white-main.jpg

How about usefulness and function of the visors with this installed?

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
Nice comparison :) According to Quadratec, this will take up the top 4.25" of the windshield. I might mock up some strips of paper 4.25" inches wide and put it up there just to see how bad it really would be.
I tried this. As Cosine mentioned, I had issues with traffic lights. Though I'm short (5'3"), having difficulty and not very comfortable driving in Bay Area.

Mmaengine

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Quadratec just came out with an interior-mounted light bar. Apparently it mounts against the windshield and gaskets keep the light outside with no glare inside. Looks great, but too rich for me at $700! (Quadratec, if you're listening, I'd LOVE to give you a great and honest review if you want to send one out to me!)

quadratec-97109.1400-stealth-interior-windshield-light-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl-zoom-white-main.jpg

Hey Quadratec, send this guy a light bar.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
It’s not too much of an obstruction. Unless your looking out of the top of your windshield for cars falling from the sky......there is an excellent field of view through the windshield from 5 inches down and below.
I have a 5 inch strip of Dark tint at the top of the windshield and there is no obstruction to the viewing field ....other than star gazing.

5C745DFF-01D9-49FE-85C1-2BBC90A2E3B0.jpeg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Or perhaps when trying to tell what color the signal is. Which I have to slouch down to see some of those without a goofy light in the way.

Sponsored

reachkyleh

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport with 33" tires, new stereo
Occupation
Mental Health Stuff
Maybe I'm missing something but before I started researching this I was thinking about a light bar that is on the dash, not up high. Not sure if it can be raised slightly or put out of the way for defog, but I wanted something like that because I want light on demand and Canadian RCMP aren't too happy with uncovered light bars (so I would want to literally slip up the cover right in front on me in the interior. Why won't this work? People complain about the lack of visibility if it's placed up high.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm missing something but before I started researching this I was thinking about a light bar that is on the dash, not up high. Not sure if it can be raised slightly or put out of the way for defog, but I wanted something like that because I want light on demand and Canadian RCMP aren't too happy with uncovered light bars (so I would want to literally slip up the cover right in front on me in the interior. Why won't this work? People complain about the lack of visibility if it's placed up high.
Up high seems to impede ones view of traffic lights. Losing 5" at the base of the windshield would impede ones vision of nearby traffic and other obstacles.

Best way to find out, would be a 5" strip of cardboard taped to the bottom of the windshield. Drive around for a couple of days to see if it's worth it.

Personally, 10k lumens is not worth the reduced sightline.

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2021 (TWO Door)
I just installed it last evening on my jeep (2021 Sports S 2 Door) and the install is easy.
But the light leaks on the windshield glass though I tightened and followed all the instructions.
I see a weather strip being used by a few fellow jeepers... can you Please provide a link to the product?
Amazon or Lowes or Homedepot or Online
Thanks

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2021 (TWO Door)

c7j6y1

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUD "Bender" '22 Silverado RST "Reaper"
Occupation
Emergency vehicle technician.
so that interior bar is actually made by SoundOff Signal. Its an interrior emergency lightbar set for steady burn. Its a VERY good bright product made by a very reliable company. (if you want to really spend some $$ you can get one in triple color. Meaning each head can produce light of any 3 of the traditional warning colors red, blue, amber, white, and green.
Sponsored