Sponsored

Integrated offroad camera

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I noticed that when I hit the clean camera button, washer for the rear windshield also gets activated. Same goes for purposely activating washer for the rear windshield as well, this time off-road camera also gets cleaned. It is not end of the world but I found this super odd. I was wondering if this was the experience of others as well
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Did not know this was even a new feature. Now I feel so old and poor with my 19' sport

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine does this too. I found it odd too. Need your front camera clean? Let's clean your rear window as well!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Which begs the question, why can’t Jeep include squirters when you order the LEDs...?

That would help solve the issue some have with snow accumulation.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I suppose if there's enough mud in the air to get your camera dirty, then the rear window is probably dirty too?

Or more likely, rather than add a third pump they just teed the rear line and added the camera squirter nozzle

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I noticed that when I hit the clean camera button, washer for the rear windshield also gets activated.
Does the rear wiper activate when cleaning the front camera? The owners manual says nothing about the rear washer getting fluid when the front camera is cleaned.
Wonder if it's a software glitch? I won't know for a week or two if mine does the same. It's still waiting to get shipped.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
My rear window camera squirter only activates when I get out and clean the camera off by hand. I didn't know there was such a thing. Must be a 2021 addition.

OP
OP

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Does the rear wiper activate when cleaning the front camera? The owners manual says nothing about the rear washer getting fluid when the front camera is cleaned.
Wonder if it's a software glitch? I won't know for a week or two if mine does the same. It's still waiting to get shipped.
Yes it does. Actually, I took another look today and it looks like it is normal behaviour (although manual does not mention it). I just noticed the button text on the camera view says "Clean front view camera and rear glass". So, it is all good. Still odd though

OP
OP

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My rear window camera squirter only activates when I get out and clean the camera off by hand. I didn't know there was such a thing. Must be a 2021 addition.
It is not the rear camera, it is the rear window glass and wiper, and front camera. And yes, it is 2021 (that's when they introduced front camera)

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
i was this many days old when i learned the front camera had a washer. now, how do you activate it?

Sponsored

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have. 2021 JLUR with the off-road camera .. what happens if you take your top off? Does the rear windshield washer get disabled or do you get a wet trunk?

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I have. 2021 JLUR with the off-road camera .. what happens if you take your top off? Does the rear windshield washer get disabled or do you get a wet trunk?
If the top is off, so is the washer. It is attached to the top. There are disconnects for the wiring and for the fluid hose at the back driver corner of the top.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Completely normal behavior. When jeep decided to add the front off-road camera with a washer, they used the same pump and fluid reservoir that was already there for the rear window washer. Therefore, if you activate the read window washer with the right side steering wheel stock, the front camera will also get washed and vice versa.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If the top is off, so is the washer. It is attached to the top. There are disconnects for the wiring and for the fluid hose at the back driver corner of the top.
That is correct! The quick disconnect in the rear right side of the hardtop that is used for the rear washer hose also acts as a plug whenever the hardtop washer hose isn’t attached to it. A little spring pushes a sleeve over the hose to prevent water from exiting.
Sponsored