Sponsored

Installing seat heaters

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Has anyone installed seat heaters in the JL? I dont want to order a Sport S and pay for alot of things I dont need but we really enjoy seat heaters. We like to run topless when its chilly out.
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Spend the extra few hundred the Cold Weather Package will add. You won't regret it. Comes with heated steering wheel and each seat has 3 levels of settings. You'll never duplicate that in an aftermarket product and it's most likely cost prohibitive or impossible to install the factory system afterwords as I think it automatically adds other features.

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Had the factory installed in the front, and aftermarket in the rear. Cost about $600 for reference to get the rear alone done at a local shop with a lifetime warranty. Works awesome, and my passengers love it.

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Spend the extra few hundred the Cold Weather Package will add. You won't regret it. Comes with heated steering wheel and each seat has 3 levels of settings. You'll never duplicate that in an aftermarket product and it's most likely cost prohibitive or impossible to install the factory system afterwords as I think it automatically adds other features.
I cant get the Cold Weather Group in a Sport. I don't need or want power windows and stuff.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
The heating kits cost around $100 each for the front seats. Never priced labor cause I planned on doing the install myself.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I added seat heaters to my 2005 Dodge Ram which would much the same install as a Jeep. I used Rostra dual element seat heaters purchased through Genos Garage. I added a 4 circuit fuse block with ignition hot to power the heaters.

Getting off the OEM seat covers takes a little time, however it is not very difficult. Everything for the seat heaters is prewired connectors except for the power leads. Lastly the switch installs in a 3/4" round hole.
Sponsored