Sponsored

Ideas for Cargo Tub Space

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Everyone,

I've been hemming and hawing on what to store in the Cargo Tub of the Jeep and need some inspiration. Currently, I'm storing some basic recovery gear that's out of sight when the top is off but my next move in building my adventure rig is to build or buy a platform, storage drawers (one of which will store said recovery gear), and a fridge slider. The downside to this is that I lose that cargo section underneath which seems a bit of a waste. I've come across a bracket for placing an air compressor in there, but I'm not sure I want to mount that in a place I can't really access and may also aid in it overheating. I'm not ruling it out, but want to see what else is out there first.

What are you all storing in there and if you have a storage platform installed, did you simply shrug it off as lost space or did you figure out something that could be stored there that doesn't need routine access or is able to be accessed in a different manner?

Cheers,
Matt
Sponsored

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Hi Everyone,

I've been hemming and hawing on what to store in the Cargo Tub of the Jeep and need some inspiration. Currently, I'm storing some basic recovery gear that's out of sight when the top is off but my next move in building my adventure rig is to build or buy a platform, storage drawers (one of which will store said recovery gear), and a fridge slider. The downside to this is that I lose that cargo section underneath which seems a bit of a waste. I've come across a bracket for placing an air compressor in there, but I'm not sure I want to mount that in a place I can't really access and may also aid in it overheating. I'm not ruling it out, but want to see what else is out there first.

What are you all storing in there and if you have a storage platform installed, did you simply shrug it off as lost space or did you figure out something that could be stored there that doesn't need routine access or is able to be accessed in a different manner?

Cheers,
Matt
American Adventure Labs has and air compressor and auxiliary battery holder. They also make an air tank that fits in there. I'm thinking of a way I can carry water. It would be relatively simple to have a line in/line out to fill up a blatter or something. I hate the idea of and wasted space under there.

My current set up is an ARB fridge on a slider with the AAL cargo shelf. My air compressor is currently mounted off to the side near the roll bar.

OP
OP

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking of a way I can carry water. It would be relatively simple to have a line in/line out to fill up a blatter or something. I hate the idea of and wasted space under there.

AAL’S MASS configuration is at the top of my list if I go down that route vs me attempting to fabricate something from scratch. I like that they have angled storage bins to maximize the space directly behind the seat -back.

I’m glad you brought up a water reservoir aspect because I started goofing around with a camelbak this past weekend to see how something like that might work. If I can get a hold of a mold of that area, I might see if I can make a pressurized container.
Sponsored