Cargo Net for Cargo Area

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I went looking for a cargo net for use in the cargo area. The dimensions from the outer most D-rings in the Jeep are 22" x 32". During my search, I found that nothing was really close. So, I decided to take a chance on this one. Turned out really well!

The 15" dimension from the net easily stretched to the 22" on the rings. In fact, it stretched very little to reach the rings. The 30" was similar. Also, the hooks on the net are removable and could be placed in other areas, if needed.

I thought someone else may find this useful. I've uploaded two pics for reference. The one showing the hose could easily stretch more, if needed.

20180326_154456.jpg

20180326_154915.jpg
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
The 15" dimension from the net easily stretched to the 22" on the rings. In fact, it stretched very little to reach the rings. The 30" was similar. Also, the hooks on the net are removable and could be placed in other areas, if needed.

I thought someone else may find this useful. I've uploaded two pics for reference. The one showing the hose could easily stretch more, if needed.
I have a similar cargo net / set-up as yours that I use say when grocery shopping, etc. and need to corral stuff I bought and do not want it flying all over the back of the Wrangler. Yes, it works well. I have found that this cargo netting is useless though, when I travel ... go on interstate road trips, etc. Reason being is the suitcases, cargo, crapola are way to tall/bulky and won't fit under the cargo net...

So, I have installed D-rings under each hardtop hold down bolt. I have a cargo net that will attach to the D-rings. The placement of this cargo net is high and does a great job of keeping the suitcases, cargo, crapola in one place. I actually cover the who she-bang with a black movers pad and then place the cargo net over it. Doing this keeps the stuff out of sight, secured in one place and also the cargo net keeps the movers pad from blowing all over the place.

Here is a set similar to the D-rings and T-bolts that I use... You can easily and cheaply find these items on amazon, eBAY and elsewhere.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, my solution was for light duty. Your option is excellent for bigger jobs. May get some of those, too.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I use RAINGLER nets--super strong/adjustable and very easily modified-

Whatever

JIMBO

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I use RAINGLER nets--super strong/adjustable and very easily modified-

Whatever

JIMBO
Yes, excellent, heavy duty web netting if you want heavy netting.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes that's true and it's also supplied with individual attachment adjustments-for fitments

JIMBO

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
I went looking for a cargo net for use in the cargo area. The dimensions from the outer most D-rings in the Jeep are 22" x 32". During my search, I found that nothing was really close. So, I decided to take a chance on this one. Turned out really well!

20180326_154456.jpg

20180326_154915.jpg
I know I'm late to this post but do you have a link to this net? Maybe thru Amazon. I purchased one from there but it's too loose and items get tossed around. I just store my backpack and other miscellaneous items and don't want them flying around. Based on the pictures you provided the net seems pretty tight.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know I'm late to this post but do you have a link to this net? Maybe thru Amazon. I purchased one from there but it's too loose and items get tossed around. I just store my backpack and other miscellaneous items and don't want them flying around. Based on the pictures you provided the net seems pretty tight.
He has an Amazon link to it in his post. Hover over the orangish "this one"

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
In regard to cargo nets and my JL... I have two. One that fastens fairly tight against the floor and then one that is suspended like in the pic below.

I know in the pic it looks a tad strange hanging there but in person, it blends in pretty much. Mine is hanging there often but does easily un-clip and drop down.

Anyway, with the suspended cargo net, I can easily, just, drop boxes, groceries, clothes, back packs or whatever into the net quickly. No fooling at all with the cargo net.

The items in the net are corralled in the net and do not slide forward, sideways or backwards.

net.jpg

stow.jpg

OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slipped right past me! Thanks to both.
To add to this, they now offer an orange colored net. Would be cool if they offered a red one to match the other red of the Rubi.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Net for Cargo Area stow

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Net for Cargo Area stow
I have this same net... but I use mine as a cargo partition to keep the dog from jumping into the back seat. It works great and doesn't cost $200+ like the mopar one!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Net for Cargo Area IMG_20200714_143017155
Sponsored