First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
UPS driver
Has anyone put these lifts on their JL or have any thoughts on them?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It is really hard to find info, reviews or feedback on Icon for Jeeps. They just haven't really caught much traction in the Jeep world. I've currently got a JKS 2.5 on my JLUR but thinking about swapping to an Icon setup for a few months to test it out. Their shocks and springs are phenomenal on Super Duty, Tacoma, Silverado etc.
Which stage kit are you looking at specifically?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve been fascinated by Icon suspension since my days of nearly buying a Raptor. I’m also curious what people think about the, on Jeeps. I understand their shocks are digressive (harsher initial resistance) as opposed to most everyone else’s progressive shocks.

OP
OP
PaK1605

PaK1605

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
UPS driver
It is really hard to find info, reviews or feedback on Icon for Jeeps. They just haven't really caught much traction in the Jeep world. I've currently got a JKS 2.5 on my JLUR but thinking about swapping to an Icon setup for a few months to test it out. Their shocks and springs are phenomenal on Super Duty, Tacoma, Silverado etc.
Which stage kit are you looking at specifically?
I'm looking to go maybe Stage 3, then upgrade alongthr way if needed

Icon_Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a chart of the different Stages Offered for the Jeep JL:

JL Stages.JPG

Overall, our JL has been great and has handled everything we've thrown at it.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
951-689-4266 Ext.120 / [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a chart of the different Stages Offered for the Jeep JL:

JL Stages.JPG

Overall, our JL has been great and has handled everything we've thrown at it.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
951-689-4266 Ext.120 / [email protected]
My JLUR just came in on friday and I pick it up on Monday. I'm a little too excited to lift it but really want a 3.5-4". I also really want an Icon. Are there any plans to produce that size lift?

Icon_Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
My JLUR just came in on friday and I pick it up on Monday. I'm a little too excited to lift it but really want a 3.5-4". I also really want an Icon. Are there any plans to produce that size lift?
In the works my friend. Loads of testing required before we land on the details of the next line of kits for the JL. We are currently testing but as we get deeper into the process we will release information regarding height, components and shock configurations.

Thank you.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Really wish there were more reviews of @Icon_Adrian products for the JL. There is one video on YouTube on the Stage 2 kit but it is really lacking any detail that would help potential buyers. I’ll be ordering a kit within the next week or two and its hard to give Icon a serious look when no one is talking either good or bad about their option. Everyone that has EVO or Metalcloak or any other manufactures will talk all about their experience, but radio silence here. Even the main vendors that sell Icon don’t have any input on these kits.

That being said I had Icon coil overs and DR coil overs prior to that on a Tacoma I had before (even Leeper coil overs for a minute if that means anything to anyone familiar with that situation). They worked just fine, not the easiest shocks to open up and revalve/rebuild as Fox/King linear shocks but I was more than happy with the performance of the Icon options I had with my mid travel lift prior to long travel on that Tacoma.

Maybe you guys should ask some of your customers that have bought to give some feedback. I have a set of Alpha wheels that will go on at the same time as a lift.

@Icon_Adrian sell me on going with you guys for me lift...

Icon_Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Really wish there were more reviews of @Icon_Adrian products for the JL. There is one video on YouTube on the Stage 2 kit but it is really lacking any detail that would help potential buyers. I’ll be ordering a kit within the next week or two and its hard to give Icon a serious look when no one is talking either good or bad about their option. Everyone that has EVO or Metalcloak or any other manufactures will talk all about their experience, but radio silence here. Even the main vendors that sell Icon don’t have any input on these kits.

That being said I had Icon coil overs and DR coil overs prior to that on a Tacoma I had before (even Leeper coil overs for a minute if that means anything to anyone familiar with that situation). They worked just fine, not the easiest shocks to open up and revalve/rebuild as Fox/King linear shocks but I was more than happy with the performance of the Icon options I had with my mid travel lift prior to long travel on that Tacoma.

Maybe you guys should ask some of your customers that have bought to give some feedback. I have a set of Alpha wheels that will go on at the same time as a lift.

@Icon_Adrian sell me on going with you guys for me lift...
Perhaps all the Icon customers are out having fun on the trails and are enjoying themselves to much to stop and post about it. lol. :like:
In all seriousness, what feature are you on the fence or unsure about?
Our system are modular so they can be evolved from a Stage 1 to Stage 8 if desired. The ICON Systems bring the Jeep JL to whole new level of performance and ride quality. This Jeep has been eating up everything we throw at it.

Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Perhaps all the Icon customers are out having fun on the trails and are enjoying themselves to much to stop and post about it. lol. :like:
In all seriousness, what feature are you on the fence or unsure about?
Our system are modular so they can be evolved from a Stage 1 to Stage 8 if desired. The ICON Systems bring the Jeep JL to whole new level of performance and ride quality. This Jeep has been eating up everything we throw at it.

Sorry, I went another direction as a temporary setup until I pull the trigger on a complete system. I was really eyeing your Stage 2 but I wanted someone to at least tell me why I should buy it.

Some helpful criticism, your major resellers in San Diego don’t have anything good to say about your products or don’t have any experience with your Jeep systems. There wasn’t one of the 3 main shops that put you guys as a recommended option, I had to bring Icon up. The response was basically that they didn’t have any opinion yet. Might want to work on educating them or getting them excited about your products. I assume San Diego would be a huge market for you since we are right down the road and so close to the terrain you market towards.

I’ll keep you in mind when I’m upgrading.

Icon_Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I went another direction as a temporary setup until I pull the trigger on a complete system. I was really eyeing your Stage 2 but I wanted someone to at least tell me why I should buy it.

Some helpful criticism, your major resellers in San Diego don’t have anything good to say about your products or don’t have any experience with your Jeep systems. There wasn’t one of the 3 main shops that put you guys as a recommended option, I had to bring Icon up. The response was basically that they didn’t have any opinion yet. Might want to work on educating them or getting them excited about your products. I assume San Diego would be a huge market for you since we are right down the road and so close to the terrain you market towards.

I’ll keep you in mind when I’m upgrading.
Thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to get this information to the correct people at my organization.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Are your shocks aluminum bodied? I wish they woulda given a little more of a run down of the components offered. What makes your control arms better than stock, here are the 3 shocks we offer, etc.

Also looked like the springs were at coil bind at the 6:05 mark this mitigating the dual rate, and the spring didn’t seem to be compressed.
Sponsored