RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
This would be helpful info I can’t seem to find anywhere online so far
They still haven’t answered any posts on the forum or emailed me back. Hopefully they do Bc it’s important info that all manufacturers publish aside from Evo which you can get their info from king shocks though about shock lengths.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I tried calling them once and was not successful in learning extended and compressed lengths of their shocks. I couldn’t be happier with my Teraflex setup and they’ll readily share in print, online and over the phone most all the details of their suspension systems.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
Just pulled the trigger on a stage 8. Sitting in a shop, have a week at the end of November where I'll get it installed. Review to come. Planning on 37's.
I will be waiting for that review and please take a bunch of images too :like:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I will say we just happened to purchase the gf's '08 F150 with an IVD kit and it does ride incredibly nice, I'm usually going 70 when I think I'm going 55

But the kit is only a couple years old and the left front shock is leaking. Funny thing is you can't tell when driving it (at least for what we do) so I'm delaying dealing with it. Icon's site just refers you to rebuilders - they specifically state they no longer touch their shocks.

Sponsored

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I tried calling them once and was not successful in learning extended and compressed lengths of their shocks. I couldn’t be happier with my Teraflex setup and they’ll readily share in print, online and over the phone most all the details of their suspension systems.
How long have you had the Teraflex setup and which kit did you go with?

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I just finished installing the Icon Stage 8, I rides much better than stock, steering at freeway speeds is much nicer. Still playing with shock settings for the street but overall extremely impressed and happy with my decision. Haven't had a chance to go off road yet but looking forward to it in a couple of weeks. Work commitments have me really busy currently. This isn't my daily driver but drove it the last 5 days to work on suspension settings for road use.

jeep sema10.jpg

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
That is a killer looking Jeep, the proportions are SO good!
If you don't mind, please share your tire size, wheel specifications, and verify for me this is a 2 inch lift on a Rubicon. You nailed it IMO!!
Thank you!

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a killer looking Jeep, the proportions are SO good!
If you don't mind, please share your tire size, wheel specifications, and verify for me this is a 2 inch lift on a Rubicon. You nailed it IMO!!
Thank you!
It's a 2.5" Icon stage 8 lift, A/R 17x8.5 wheels with 4.75 back spacing, and M/T Baja Boss 35 12.50r17 tires.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Urr2slo,
Sweet ride. Picked the icon lift myself because of reviews like yours, "much better than stock."

5 weeks till mine goes on....

Sponsored

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
How does the coils handle the weight? I’m in a sahara but I’m not trying to go too high. Thankfully, i got more than 250lbs of bumper weight.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the coils handle the weight? I’m in a sahara but I’m not trying to go too high. Thankfully, i got more than 250lbs of bumper weight.
I normally carry about 100 lbs of tools and recovery gear, and a cooler when I go wheeling, cooler is normally 60 to 70 lbs when full.
Springs seem to handle the weight fine, sometimes I just adjust the rear shocks a couple clicks stiffer to control the bounce better.

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing the Icon Stage 8, I rides much better than stock, steering at freeway speeds is much nicer. Still playing with shock settings for the street but overall extremely impressed and happy with my decision. Haven't had a chance to go off road yet but looking forward to it in a couple of weeks. Work commitments have me really busy currently. This isn't my daily driver but drove it the last 5 days to work on suspension settings for road use.

jeep sema10.jpg
Your Jeep and that ICON Lift look great!

I ordered one of the ICON 2 5" Stage 8 lift kits 3 or 4 weeks ago and just received it the other day. I can't wait to get it installed!

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep and that ICON Lift look great!

I ordered one of the ICON 2 5" Stage 8 lift kits 3 or 4 weeks ago and just received it the other day. I can't wait to get it installed!
You'll be a happy camper. The lift was the best mod I did to my JLUR.

heads up, takes about a month to shake out. It was very stiff to start with.

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be a happy camper. The lift was the best mod I did to my JLUR.

heads up, takes about a month to shake out. It was very stiff to start with.
Thanks for the heads-up. ICON has a stellar reputation, and I hear only good things about performance. After seeing the lift on a few Jeeps I'm now looking forward to getting it installed even more.
-Cheers
Sponsored