I went for a hike

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I also stated in another thread I would make the claim and if it gets paid reimburse the customer
If Stallantis says the customer’s order is price protected, then it’s price protected. Period. Your issue with reimbursement is between you & Stallantis, has nothing to do with the customer.
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
That verbiage isn’t new…that’s been on every sheet about price protection since I can remember…we can’t add 4EA on an invoice…that’s a stellantis code…it’s not a checkable option…as you can see it states it needs to be claimed…my contention is stellantis has not been paying the claims…this is what I have said from jump

What I don't understand is why are you the only dealer passing the hike to the client when all other dealers seem to be price protecting. I see the gesture for orders prior to December 1st, but how about the orders from December 2nd to January 16? It is not a typical $100-200 hike, on some orders it will surpass $2,000.

My dealer also has the verbiage on their POC FYI

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
If Stallantis says the customer’s order is price protected, then it’s price protected. Period. Your issue with reimbursement is between you & Stallantis, has nothing to do with the customer.

Exactly, my dealer was surprised I even inquired about the price hike. My price is locked and that's the price I will pay when I pick it up, as it should be.

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Gupton, Koons, Granger, etc...can price lock somehow...but Chapman cannot. Then documents are shown how to lock pricing by Stellantis. If you can lock prices up to December 1, I do not see why it isn't done for all ordered vehicles prior to Jan. 17th price hike.

@dealerinsider You are a volume dealer because of these forums...and you are literally telling everyone you will NOT price protect their orders like all other dealers are doing. I would think you can price lock past orders or at least meet them halfway.
there is no “lock” in the stellantis system…it’s a claim…I stated on the other thread I would make the claim and if it gets paid I’ll shoot them a check

Surfin3591

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride , 2022 Rubicon XR (on order)
I can confirm that Ed Martin in Indiana is not price protecting. They will cover up to $200 in price increases. The rest gets “passed on to the buyer”. I will likely be canceling my order that I placed first week of December. This is absurd.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I can confirm that Ed Martin in Indiana is not price protecting. They will cover up to $200 in price increases. The rest gets “passed on to the buyer”. I will likely be canceling my order that I placed first week of December. This is absurd.
Well, be sure that you don't go to Chapman. :facepalm:

OP
OP

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
I started this thread to simply get more information on price protection among dealers but it has turned into something else entirely. Chapman has been around for a while and sells a lot of cars, with a lot of great reviews. I would assume that they do business well. With that being said, is there any way to close this thread? Let me know if it can be closed so the rants stop. This guy has a business, stop trying to destroy it.

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL, 06 LJ, 20 Ram Rebel
I started this thread to simply get more information on price protection among dealers but it has turned into something else entirely. Chapman has been around for a while and sells a lot of cars, with a lot of great reviews. I would assume that they do business well. With that being said, is there any way to close this thread? Let me know if it can be closed so the rants stop. This guy has a business, stop trying to destroy it.
I'm sorry but they are destroying it themselves based on responses and the process. You don't submit claims for price protection like u do incentives. Totally different.

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
Granger that does 4% under invoice is price protected as I inquired on my order today.
Got a Rubicon and a Bronco on order from Granger, and they continue to impress. Priced locked on both under invoice. Can't wait to get the Rubicon!!

Sponsored

Helfix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Got a Rubicon and a Bronco on order from Granger, and they continue to impress. Priced locked on both under invoice. Can't wait to get the Rubicon!!
I gave up on my Bronco order and went for Jeep due to all the delays. Once ford figures it out I may give it another shot.

OP
OP

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
I get it that people are upset...but I started this thread for a positive purpose but it went negative real quick (1 day) and I cannot be a part of these discussions about a certain dealer. My apologies @dealerinsider this was not the point. I am changing the title of the thread to try and stop this thread. Sorry to those that get annoyed...you can be annoyed with me and I will understand. I just do not want to be a part of this.

XPLOR3

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR WHITE
This is all Jeep fault, if you want to hike the prices do it when you release the next year model.
If they made mistakes estimating builds of 2022 they need to roll the loss to next year model.
They increase prices on a time that customers are not happy about increase on delivery times and broncos are rolling out.
really bad timing.
I ordered from Koons 12/21, and I’ve read they protect the pricing.
I also have a buyers order signed by them everyone should request that when they place an order.
good luck on your deals

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I don't get the OP, I really don't. This forum is a collective group that shares information and experiences to help each other. Be it what dealers to buy from or how to install a mod, this forum is a tool to help and guide.

That being said, nobody here is "bashing" Chapman. They are expressing concerns over their orders going up substantially in price. You can change the title of your post to "Taking a Hike" or whatever nonsense...it doesn't change the fact that people need to be aware before making their decision of who and where to place their future orders with.

I tagged this thread on mine in case people want to gather their own opinions, after all that's what we are here for. Not to bash or protect, but to learn and make decisions for ourselves.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
This is all Jeep fault, if you want to hike the prices do it when you release the next year model.
If they made mistakes estimating builds of 2022 they need to roll the loss to next year model.
They increase prices on a time that customers are not happy about increase on delivery times and broncos are rolling out.
really bad timing.
I ordered from Koons 12/21, and I’ve read they protect the pricing.
I also have a buyers order signed by them everyone should request that when they place an order.
good luck on your deals
I would bet in normal times that would be the process. In these times I would say it is a nightmare for all manufacturers with material shortages etc. we (consumers) are feeling inflation across the board.
Sponsored