Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
yes limited slip.

I was just bitching but they literally just called and said they have all the parts in. Was very worried for a bit there. My blood pressure is back to normal again.
The LSD in the JL cant handle much, put 35in heavy tires on it and it can be catastrophic. Theyve been failing on people with lifted jeeps on 35s and larger tires, specially those who take their jeep offroading.

They have been replacing the entire axle under warranty. It is an expensive repair. Your drivetrain is under warranty you have to call them and ask them directly how is your LSD, what is the state of your differential. The you tell them it is under warranty and they need to fix it. If not, take it to someone else. Contact FCA and open a case.

When they fix it. Do yourself a favor and buy a third party locker and have your LSD replaced immediately. It isnt cheap but it will save you headaches in the future. That LSD is not designed to handle 35s. This is common for clutch based LSDs.
Sponsored

Peterjl

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLU s
The LSD in the JL cant handle much, put 35in heavy tires on it and it can be catastrophic. Theyve been failing on people with lifted jeeps on 35s and larger tires, specially those who take their jeep offroading.

They have been replacing the entire axle under warranty. It is an expensive repair. Your drivetrain is under warranty you have to call them and ask them directly how is your LSD, what is the state of your differential. The you tell them it is under warranty and they need to fix it. If not, take it to someone else. Contact FCA and open a case.

When they fix it. Do yourself a favor and buy a third party locker and have your LSD replaced immediately. It isnt cheap but it will save you headaches in the future. That LSD is not designed to handle 35s. This is common for clutch based LSDs.
they have been failing regardless, doesn’t matter. Mine was bone stock.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
they have been failing regardless, doesn’t matter. Mine was bone stock.
what a piece of crap lol. A heavier tire will make it fail quicker though. The bigger issue imo is not the clutch packs giving, but the fact that they destroy the differential. Bullshit design. Jeep should have used either a clutchless LSD or a rear locker, they should have a TSB and replace it with a better LSD.

Peterjl

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLU s
what a piece of crap lol. A heavier tire will make it fail quicker though. The bigger issue imo is not the clutch packs giving, but the fact that they destroy the differential. Bullshit design. Jeep should have used either a clutchless LSD or a rear locker, they should have a TSB and replace it with a better LSD.
I’m the real idiot, I’ve heard this noise for quite some time now. Just put my lift and tires on like two weeks ago. Then found that 94 page post about everything going on. My keep goes into the dealer on April 17th... I’m still under my 3 year 36k mile warranty. Power train until 100k. But I already for see the bullshit I’m going to hear from the dealer

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’m the real idiot, I’ve heard this noise for quite some time now. Just put my lift and tires on like two weeks ago. Then found that 94 page post about everything going on. My keep goes into the dealer on April 17th... I’m still under my 3 year 36k mile warranty. Power train until 100k. But I already for see the bullshit I’m going to hear from the dealer
It doesnt matter. this is a design flaw, not your fault. The LSD is failing prematurely and destroying the axle differential. This shouldnt happen. You will get a new axle, free of cost. Then you will go to a reputable shop an get a nice locker installed, or it will happen again.
Sponsored