I am pissed - rear diff is screwed

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
(2 inch mopar lift on 35s all dealership installed. Year 2020)

it started with noticing a clicking in my feet at 9500km odo. At 12,000km it turned into a loud knocking noise. 13,000km now and its so bad and loud i feel the clunks through my steering wheel.

dealership says there is excessive play in the crown/pinion gear in the diff. And tons of metal shavings in the diff fluid. Apparently they dont know if this is a warranty issue yet so i cant get a loaner.

anyone have a clunking or know what this is gonna be? Im worried ill have to fight to get this warrantied because i dont even off road or put it through stress.

To make things worse... Last week i had it towed to a dealership because the water pump inlet bolts were loose so it pissed out a bunch of anti freeze and overheated a few times. When i told them about the knocking problem they found a different issue that i wasnt aware of- The rear hub wheel reducers were squished so my tire wasnt even properly centered.

13,000km and the problems ive had to deal with. I just needed to vent.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
(2 inch mopar lift on 35s all dealership installed. Year 2020)

it started with noticing a clicking in my feet at 9500km odo. At 12,000km it turned into a loud knocking noise. 13,000km now and its so bad and loud i feel the clunks through my steering wheel.

dealership says there is excessive play in the crown/pinion gear in the diff. And tons of metal shavings in the diff fluid. Apparently they dont know if this is a warranty issue yet so i cant get a loaner.

anyone have a clunking or know what this is gonna be? Im worried ill have to fight to get this warrantied because i dont even off road or put it through stress.

To make things worse... Last week i had it towed to a dealership because the water pump inlet bolts were loose so it pissed out a bunch of anti freeze and overheated a few times. When i told them about the knocking problem they found a different issue that i wasnt aware of- The rear hub wheel reducers were squished so my tire wasnt even properly centered.

13,000km and the problems ive had to deal with. I just needed to vent.
You have the Dana 44 LSD?

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thanks. Im going to go down the rabbit hole. Im fuckin furious. The dralership keeps saying it miggt not be warrantied. Bullshit. Theres gonna be a fight if they pull that on me.
Oh, didn't see you had huge tires, yea, there will be a fight unfortunately. Can also try a different dealership.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It will be under warranty. It sucks, but dude, you should have gotten it fixed as soon as it started making abnormal sounds.

In any case, you can actively make things better, or worse. Your choice.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
It will be under warranty. It sucks, but dude, you should have gotten it fixed as soon as it started making abnormal sounds.

In any case, you can actively make things better, or worse. Your choice.
Im worried because i asked for a loaner today and thry said its not covered under warranty right now(until they call this place to get an opinion on what to do) so i cant get a loaner. Guess ill find out tomorow when i show up in person. But it sounds like they really want to charge me the 420 dollar “this isnt covered under warranty” fee for taking off my diff cover and looking at it.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Im worried because i asked for a loaner today and thry said its not covered under warranty right now(until they call this place to get an opinion on what to do) so i cant get a loaner. Guess ill find out tomorow when i show up in person. But it sounds like they really want to charge me the 420 dollar “this isnt covered under warranty” fee for taking off my diff cover and looking at it.
Have you regeared the rear end? Contact @JeepCares

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I don't think JeepCares cares about a good ol' boy in Alberta.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Have you regeared the rear end? Contact @JeepCares
I don't think JeepCares cares about a good ol' boy in Alberta.

Thanks for tagging us here, Black Jeep Convertible and mwilk012!

rkj__, we certainly care, but unfortunately are only equipped to assist United States based customers. That said, you can contact the team in your region via phone at 1-800-361-3700.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Do you have the limited slip differential? and of course this should be covered by warranty.
yes limited slip.

I was just bitching but they literally just called and said they have all the parts in. Was very worried for a bit there. My blood pressure is back to normal again.
Sponsored