Hydro Assit

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Ps, I do have a lathe so the bushing was easy to make. Your mileage may vary…..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Noflyzone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Any updates on this ram setup? Do good on the trails? What did you use to limit the ram?
About 3000 miles so far and it’s working as it should. It’s great on the trails. I am running a Dana 60 kingpin with 8 inch travel lock to lock with no issues. I am also running a Detroit locker which means my front wheels are locked majority of the time in the woods and I have no issue turning with 40 inch tires. For a Dana 44 setup I believe you would need a 6.75 travel ram.

Ptevo03

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 cj7 and 2018 Rubicon
That is great! Does it seem to do better on the interstate with the floating and hitting pot holes etc?

OP
OP

Noflyzone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
That is great! Does it seem to do better on the interstate with the floating and hitting pot holes etc?
Street driving is defiantly better on a bad road. You will notice it is a little slow compared to factory but that could possibly be improved by running the pump at a higher pressure. I will say adding hydro assist was a huge improvement overall.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Noflyzone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Thing just works. Drives 80mph down the highway to and from the trails. This was 300 mile one way trip 3 days on the trails and 300 miles back zero issues. I have been to Rush, Hollerwood, and wellsville with this setup and I believe it has helped tremendously. My power steering is cooler and it’s completely changed the off-road experience.

TexasJL21

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Did you go back together with the pump maintaining the original seals and o-rings or were you able to find a rebuild kit? I've been looking around the net and can't seem to locate a kit to rebuild it. Just been one of my lessons learned from the past, never put any rubber goods back into service once you've disassembled anything.

OP
OP

Noflyzone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
unfortunately there was not any replacement parts available. I know redneck ram was looking into replacement seals. Some advice is let the internal assembly sit in a freezer overnight. this helps with the reassembly.
Sponsored