bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did exactly was this user did. I'm not sad I bought the feature. All-in-all less annoying that the similar stuff on our Subaru.

You can turn off forward collision so it doesn’t brake and just have the warning beeps go off. I have it on this setting. Too bad I can’t take advantage of this feature since I paid for it but it’s nice that it’ll still beep to warn me.

I absolutely love the blind spot and cross path detection. My previous car only flashed a light on the side mirrors (which I never saw) when somebody was in my blind spot but my Jeep beeps as well which is hugely helpful to me. Park assist is great too, very convenient and helpful.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Back before Waze was introduced and warned of police presence, many of us used radar detectors to help keep out of trouble. I've owned many detectors over the years, and even the best ones had false alarms. I decided that I'd rather be safe than sorry, and learned to interpret the alarms rather than go unprotected. If I made that decision to avoid a speeding ticket, I'm certainly willing to accept some falses when the stakes are much, much higher.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Let us know how you feel AFTER your Jeep slams on the brakes for no reason a few times (if it does). It may not bother you. It may not scare the shit out of you. You may not have cars behind you screeching to a stop to avoid rear ending you. Hope that’s true.

let us know how the system works and, if you do get a lot of false positives what you decide to do about it.

good luck with your decision.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The blind spot, cross traffic, and sensors are invaluable.
agreed. They work and work well. I personally don’t like the blind spot audible chime and turned it off. The light in the mirror (blind spot) is totally great and so far 100% accurate. No issues. Love these elements. Forward collision is another story. I don’t like it and it gives too many false positives.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
My advance safety package works very well. Sometimes I get warnings but I understand why. Never unexpected braking etc. Only two emergency brakings that I was thankful for. It’s set to medium. I ordered it due to some physical restraints due to and autoimmune disease I was diagnosed with in July 2017. I couldn’t drive for about 18 months. When I got back into the cockpit, I figured I could use all the help I could get lol. I’m now happy to say my disease is in remission and most of physical restraints are gone. However, I’m still very happy I have all the safety features and would not hesitate to order them again.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
OP here. I'm convinced - I'll order both packages on my JL Diesel.

On a side note, what is the "steering correction"? Is that a lane-keeping option that's not offered on the Wrangler?
YES. The lane keeping assist is not offered on the Wrangler. The Auto braking and the radar speed control- AWESOME, is however. My wife has the Cherokee that does have the auto lane control. I'm always worried about her driving, I worry about everyone's driving. If I cant be in the car keeping loved ones safe then knowing that feature is there is a big relief. It has 3 modes of control. The highest setting annoys her because she says it tugs her back in the lane aggressively at times. That makes me happy. LOL. Reason being I know if it is actually working that hard then she needs it to. You can't be too safe in a car. That's one reason I gave up my motorcycle shop and riding motorcycles. Life is dangerous, no need to live so close to the edge when you can still have fun without being reckless. Not trying to act like a father hen, but as I've gotten older I've also become a little wiser- I think.
Sponsored