Sponsored

How to manually initiate software update?

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I’ve seen posts fairly recently about people getting promoted to download an update for their infotainment unit, but I haven’t gotten the prompt. Is there a way to manually initiate the download? Or is there a place I can check to find the current version downloaded to see if it’s the most recent one? Can someone chime in with the most recent version they downloaded within the past few weeks?
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I’ve seen posts fairly recently about people getting promoted to download an update for their infotainment unit, but I haven’t gotten the prompt. Is there a way to manually initiate the download? Or is there a place I can check to find the current version downloaded to see if it’s the most recent one? Can someone chime in with the most recent version they downloaded within the past few weeks?
There's no manual way of doing this. Granted, you can enter your VIN into the UConnect website and it might give you the option to download a somewhat newer version, for manual install. However, that site isn't accurate and the current version will in all likelihood be several versions ahead. Your best bet is having your local dealership update your radio. Tell them you're backup guide lines are often missing and you heard there's a TSB that fixes the issue by having the dealer download and manually apply the latest firmware. Keep in mind, if the dealership screws it up and bricks your radio in the process, it might take weeks or even months to get a replacement in.

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
There's no manual way of doing this. Granted, you can enter your VIN into the UConnect website and it might give you the option to download a somewhat newer version, for manual install. However, that site isn't accurate and the current version will in all likelihood be several versions ahead. Your best bet is having your local dealership update your radio. Tell them you're backup guide lines are often missing and you heard there's a TSB that fixes the issue by having the dealer download and manually apply the latest firmware. Keep in mind, if the dealership screws it up and bricks your radio in the process, it might take weeks or even months to get a replacement in.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I’m trying to avoid going to the dealership for that exact reason. I guess I’ll just keep living life with no guidelines haha