Sponsored

How to install dashcam with ACC?

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The Quadratec adapter is ignition controlled. Is anyone aware of a continuously powered option?
Yes. The rear outlet is always on. You can also switch a fuse in the fuse box to make your dash outlet always on. Several posts about it here.
Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Quadratec adapter is ignition controlled. Is anyone aware of a continuously powered option?
The Rubicon, perhaps any Jeep with the AUX switches has two extra power wires in the AUX wire bundle in the passenger footwell that are available for CB, dash cam, etc. One is switched and the other is battery. For a dash cam with a parking mode module (like the Garmin 56) you can use both wires (plus a separate ground wire.)

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & 2017 VW Golf R
Occupation
Manager
Thank you, Adventure.AS. I had not fully read about my aux switches, as I hadn’t started to install my bumper lights yet. It’s great to learn there are extra power leads to make adding a device such as a dash cam much easier.

The Rubicon, perhaps any Jeep with the AUX switches has two extra power wires in the AUX wire bundle in the passenger footwell that are available for CB, dash cam, etc. One is switched and the other is battery. For a dash cam with a parking mode module (like the Garmin 56) you can use both wires (plus a separate ground wire.)

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I just did this the other day. I used the Quadratec power harness that plugs in behind the 12 volt power outlet in the dash. Bought a 12 volt power outlet with positive and negative wires and hooked them up to the Quadratec harness and plugged the dash cam USB adapter in. No cutting. Totally hidden with zip ties under the dash. Easy.

Here you go:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.amazon.com/attwood-11862-6-12V-Marine-Outlet/dp/B003EET3XY

Is there a video or photo of this install and where to route the dash cam wires

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Hello Guys,

I am trying to install a dashcam and saw the guide for powered mirror but I have ACC, is there a guide somewhere on how to open the ACC box and get a wire from there?

Thanks!
JC
Just get this, 72 hours of park mode. Uses your OBD port to monitor your battery level and shuts itself off automatically after a couple days of being parked. Live view, instantaneous cloud uploading when it detects a break in, so even if they steal your camera, the footage is already uploaded.
https://owlcam.com/?rfsn=1288309.2f8b8

Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just got a new 2020 JLUR, it has the Aux switches installed, I am planing to install a Blackvue 900 2 channel using the magic connect pro that they sell with it. Has anyone done this using the Aux wires under the passenger foot well? I have never done this before, if there are any videos or pics out there on how to do it I would rally appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
I just got a new 2020 JLUR, it has the Aux switches installed, I am planing to install a Blackvue 900 2 channel using the magic connect pro that they sell with it. Has anyone done this using the Aux wires under the passenger foot well? I have never done this before, if there are any videos or pics out there on how to do it I would rally appreciate it. Thanks for your help!
I use Blackvue DR900s-2ch with battery packs. I was using Power Magic Pro hardwired to constant power in my 2017 Grand Cherokee (leased), and the camera started shutting down during parking mode after 1 year of use. Since I felt the car battery had degraded, I switched to battery pack wired to switched power.

In JLUR, I wired the battery packs to Aux (I don’t remember which color the wire was, it’s the accessory one for power only when Jeep is On, found on this forum), ran camera cable around windshield to the passenger footwell to Aux, set battery packs under passenger seat. I would have to stretch to flick the switch on battery pack, but it works and hidden unless you move the seat. Hardwire (to switched) charges faster than power socket, and my driving habit is enough to charge two battery packs for the camera always on.

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I use Blackvue DR900s-2ch with battery packs. I was using Power Magic Pro hardwired to constant power in my 2017 Grand Cherokee (leased), and the camera started shutting down during parking mode after 1 year of use. Since I felt the car battery had degraded, I switched to battery pack wired to switched power.

In JLUR, I wired the battery packs to Aux (I don’t remember which color the wire was, it’s the accessory one for power only when Jeep is On, found on this forum), ran camera cable around windshield to the passenger footwell to Aux, set battery packs under passenger seat. I would have to stretch to flick the switch on battery pack, but it works and hidden unless you move the seat. Hardwire (to switched) charges faster than power socket, and my driving habit is enough to charge two battery packs for the camera always on.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, this is great. I will look in to th battery packs. Many thanks again!
Sponsored